Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreword for Sexiest Women thread

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    I wonder if there isn't some sociological reason for the connection between non-representative nature of both the women in the thread and in media, and the posters participating therein...

And I'm not necessarily being derogatory. I mean some of it is clearly cultural programming and clashes between cultures, but even within those there's clearly a substantial variance or divergence in what different people people find attractive/objectionable.
    hm, what do you mean by this?
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    I'll be honest tho.
    I have tried to "blatantly" flirt with 2 girls here. Just because I like how they talk and look. And I like playing around and I'm totally why not about life. I failed. Didn't make it. And I won't waste a second more on it anymore.

The other day there was an ISFJ coming to see me asking me how I did it to not get hurt. I said. Get really hurt first little grasshopper. He open up his eyes and smile to me.
    For "there are no limits for those born with the gift of touching hearts. With passion and no compassion"
    Seeing you with the NT wemons is like watching a playful puppy go bounding up to a cat and seeing its tail twitch and knowing that the clawed "bop" on the nose could come at any moment.
    You could try to construct some kind of trojan cat but they might spot that too.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Seeing you with the NT wemons is like watching a playful puppy go bounding up to a cat and seeing its tail twitch and knowing that the clawed "bop" on the nose could come at any moment.
    You could try to construct some kind of trojan cat but they might spot that too.
    I liked the wemons part. Hahaha.

Type
    INTP
    I mean some of it is clearly cultural programming and clashes between cultures, but even within those there's clearly a substantial variance or divergence in what different people people find attractive/objectionable.
    You're percentages sound about right to me. I guess it's a matter of opinion but I suspect some of it is a lower ability to be attracted to beauty. The cultural programming has more effect in that case.

but from a man's point of view who's about as close to 0-1 on the kinsey scale as you're likely to find...
    I'll take your word for that. It supports my theory. I bet you like most of the women I post there.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubjay View Post
    Different people have different preferences? Of course, you could just be talking around the main point you're actually making, as people here are sometimes wont to do... if this is the case, it's lost on me.
    My point is twofold, beyond just "different people have different preferences":

1) The men posting in "Sexiest Women" (might) not be representative of men, and there are open questions as to what degree a representative man has meaning in terms of female attractiveness.

2) At least in my experience, aside from "different strokes for different folks" in terms of attractiveness, there's also another axis in terms of things which actively "turn off" or "turn down" attractiveness: See eg "Daisy Dukes", "Plastic surgery", "Various makeup styles". These things may be an independent phenomenon from the actual attractiveness itself.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    But I actually kind of know what you mean. Tho I cannot say it's a NT trait precisely. I know some people pay way too much attention to social hierarchy and interactions. As if it was some kind of secret adventage. But to see that also in the internet would be more like a trait of a failed existance.
    I want to think these 2 girls I mentioned are cool. And if I'm wrong. Well... Tomorrow I might need an umbrella.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    My point is twofold, beyond just "different people have different preferences":

1) The men posting in "Sexiest Women" (might) not be representative of men, and there are open questions as to what degree a representative man has meaning in terms of female attractiveness.

2) At least in my experience, aside from "different strokes for different folks" in terms of attractiveness, there's also another axis in terms of things which actively "turn off" or "turn down" attractiveness: See eg "Daisy Dukes", "Plastic surgery", "Various makeup styles". These things may be an independent phenomenon from the actual attractiveness itself.
    are we assuming that the "types" of women's attractiveness being represented in that thread is some sort of problem or "questionable"?

your post was a reply to my post and now i'm more confused (that wasn't what i was thinking)
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    I'll be honest tho.
    I have tried to "blatantly" flirt with 2 girls here. Just because I like how they talk and look. And I like playing around and I'm totally why not about life. I failed. Didn't make it. And I won't waste a second more on it anymore.

The other day there was an ISFJ coming to see me asking me how I did it to not get hurt. I said. Get really hurt first little grasshopper. He open up his eyes and smile to me.
    For "there are no limits for those born with the gift of touching hearts. With passion and no compassion"
    Are you still going to paint her? I was looking forward to that.

You didn't paint her nude did you?
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    If the women were more J, they might appreciate a list, or at least some bullet points in a powerpoint presentation format.