Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreword for Sexiest Women thread

Type
    INTP
    Powerpoint bares repeating

Or at least emphasis or italics or quotes or something.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Are you still going to paint her? I was looking forward to that.

You didn't paint her nude did you?
    XD. I wasnt counting kari!
    I think I'm gonna paint her yes. @kari
    Just that I have no time because of studying.

Regarding this thread project. I think my taste in sexiest woman is quite exquisite ;D. This is obvious.
    But I also agree I'm not a representative of the typical man, like acow said.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    XD. I wasnt counting kari!
    I think I'm gonna paint her yes. @kari
    Just that I have no time because of studying.

Regarding this thread project. I think my taste in sexiest woman is quite exquisite ;D. This is obvious.
    But I also agree I'm not a representative of the typical man, like acow said.
    Congrats on 1234 posts.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Congrats on 1234 posts.
    I'm crying. Thanks for noticing. Thought no one was going to say anything.
    Already hyped about 4321 and 6666.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    are we assuming that the "types" of women's attractiveness being represented in that thread is some sort of problem or "questionable"?
    I think the two points:

a) that the women don't represent what men find attractive
    b) that there might be an active "problem"/"commentary" with the women posted in that thread and why those specific women are there

are serious enough hypothesese that they should be actively or seriously considered, without necessarily jumping to a conclusion or a position in the affirmative.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    I think the two points:

b) that there might be an active "problem"/"commentary" with the women posted in that thread and why those specific women are there

are serious enough hypothesese that they should be actively or seriously considered, without necessarily jumping to a conclusion or a position in the affirmative.
    Are they really though?

To me the point of that thread isn't that serious. It isn't as though we're submitting that thread to some bureau of sexiness as the objective standard that all men ought to find attractive.

Also, I don't think it's possible to write up strict parameters of "what all men find attractive" anyway, all 3.5 billion men do not have identical taste (there are chubby chasers in the world you know). There also aren't enough human beings (nevertheless men) on this forum to make some sort of remotely serious representation about it.

And: lest we forget some women have been posting what they think are sexy women in that thread as well.

Plus I'm pretty sure that thread was just meant to be fun.

Type
    INTP
    There was a brief discussion on this, of about four posts, beginning with this.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Are they really though?

To me the point of that thread isn't that serious. It isn't as though we're submitting that thread to some bureau of sexiness as the objective standard that all men ought to find attractive.
    Plus I'm pretty sure that thread was just meant to be fun.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    I think the two points:

if men are posting examples of what they find attractive then obviously those men find those women attractive? nobody was saying anything about all men having the same preferences. if you're not posting what you find attractive, then, obviously, your preferences likely won't be represented.

plus, as @Sloth said, this isn't just about men's preferences. it doesn't even make sense to project heterosexuality on everyone.

what i was getting at was that the forum culture of discussing/criticizing women's looks sucks and reveals an underlying current of misogyny that's generally accepted so that's going to limit participation. i know this has been discussed before, but ages ago.

if you mean to say you object to the generally narrow ideas of attractiveness/beauty that are being represented in that thread and celebrated in society, then yeah, that makes sense and i agree it's really narrow. i think such narrowness has this effect of perpetuating various stereotypes and social inequalities and often leads to distorted self-image (etc.)

but it just sounded like you object cuz you don't personally consider a lot of the women being posted attractive. that's a bit different.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    I submit this as the bureau of sexiness:

Spoiler:

pun intended.

But just *look* at that burl wood though!!!