• Yes

5 25.00%
  • No

15 75.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you brush your teeth in the shower

Type
    xNxx
    why don't you just eat your breakfast in there too?

Type
    InTP
    While having my used toothpaste drool down my body isn't the grossest thing I've done in the shower, I much prefer to brush my teeth in the car and spit it out onto the street to save time.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

silent magician lv. 4 slush puppie's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    we're made to feel guilty for our water usage in my region.

i feel bad enough just flushing the toilet or doing dishes, let alone wasting precious gallons brushing my teeth in the shower when i can do it perfectly well at the sink---with no water running!

dafuq is the matter with this thread? we're going to be killing each other over this resource pretty soon! desalination plants would work just fine, of course, but the fat cats won't see much of a profit from that, if any, so...

yep, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    I used to wonder about that myself. Crazy thing is...it's true. All of it. ---Han Solo

We must wade through bitter waters before we reach the sweet. ---Dr. Van Helsing

Type
    INTP
    Don't you brush your teeth in the morning?
    @Senseye
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    @Senseye
    Not as a rule. I mean, if I brush before bed, there is nothing going on in my mouth all night to require more brushing in the morning is there? If, for some reason, I think I might have bad morning breath (but why would I with a clean overnight mouth?) I might give them another go in the a.m. or use mouthwash.

Type
    INTP
    I think you'll find that there is "stuff" going on over night.

That's why every dentist ever in the history of ever tells you to brush twice a day. Once in the morning, once in the evening.

I have to brush in the morning because I breathe through my mouth and I wake up feeling the the desert.

Then I brush in the afternoon and then again in the evening,.and any other time I think I need to. I over-brush.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    @Senseye
    ...I was going to say!

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    I swear that half the threads on this forum have titles straight from the mouth of a toddler.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    I don't see how that would save time.

You get in the shower, you scrub yourself down, you get out.

I don't see where tooth brushing would fit in there.
    Not the whole process. When I worked three jobs, two full-time, I had to compress as much as I could to get a few measly minutes of sleep every couple of days. It was at least as awful as you imagine.

I'd start brushing my teeth. As I was brushing I'd start the water in the shower and continue brushing as it came up to non-freezing temperatures. I was half done brushing when I stepped into the shower. Then I would take advantage of my ability rub my belly and pat my head at the same time. About halfway through I'd put the toothbrush aside as I was done with it, and get both hands scrubbing. Then I'd stagger out of the shower, put my toothbrush away and start aggressively drying off before scraping hair off my face, putting on fresh clothes and either running off to work, or setting my alarm to wake me in about an hour, and collapsing on my bed into exhausted dreams of labour.

The cleansing ritual was about 10 minutes total including pre-cleansing elimination of bodily wastes. Saved myself about three minutes by brushing while showering, which is a real win if you only have an hour at home between shifts to take care of such things as bathing and sleeping.

It wasn't long before I worked out I could brush my teeth on breaks so I started doing that instead. It didn't reduce my shower time by much, but it did reduce the stress levels as it took me from hyper-frenetic to merely frenzied.

I've managed to mostly avoid putting myself in positions where I'm that pressed for time and sleep. I feel like I'm still catching up on sleep from those days though.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    I swear that half the threads on this forum have titles straight from the mouth of a toddler.
    I'm rubber and you're glue
    whatever you say bounces off me

And sticks to you