Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In the Kitchen

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Hmm. Next time my farm share includes eggplant I'll know what to do with it.

I'm still trying to figure out a good use for all these beets besides onion soup.
    I dont think I've ever eaten a beet. Maybe once or twice, but not worth remembering

If I had to eat a beet again, or for the first time-- if I had to eat beets right now, I'd want them deep fried like mozzarella sticks and dipped into some sort of tangy sauce

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Hmm. Next time my farm share includes eggplant I'll know what to do with it.

I'm still trying to figure out a good use for all these beets besides onion soup.
    Borscht?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Borscht?
    I don't recall liking borscht, but I haven't had it often, and it may just have been that borscht was crap for some reason unrelated to being borscht.

Honestly, I've had an aversion to beets most of my life stemming from bad experiences mistaking canned beet slices for slices of cranberry jelly. The difference between those two is so great that it tainted my ability to consider beets as edible in the first place. But I try to revisit foods because I've discovered things I didn't like in the past became wonderful later, like trout and mushrooms and cheesecake. So far I've found them vastly more palatable than expected, but haven't found them that interesting, in that nothing I've tried them with was made better by their presence, merely not ruined.

I've got a lot of beet matter though, so borscht is a fair thing to try.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I don't recall liking borscht, but I haven't had it often, and it may just have been that borscht was crap for some reason unrelated to being borscht.

Honestly, I've had an aversion to beets most of my life stemming from bad experiences mistaking canned beet slices for slices of cranberry jelly. The difference between those two is so great that it tainted my ability to consider beets as edible in the first place. But I try to revisit foods because I've discovered things I didn't like in the past became wonderful later, like trout and mushrooms and cheesecake. So far I've found them vastly more palatable than expected, but haven't found them that interesting, in that nothing I've tried them with was made better by their presence, merely not ruined.

I've got a lot of beet matter though, so borscht is a fair thing to try.
    I've never had canned beets but it sounds awful, especially if you're expecting cranberries. I have had fresh boiled beets in a salad though, which was surprisingly good - they're actually a bit sweet and when they're tender they're quite tasty. Maybe roasted with sweet potatoes? Now you've got me wanting to do things with beets.

Type
    INTP
    As soon as my house is back to normal I intend to learn to cook! Properly!

Gonna start with butter chicken curry & carrot & coriander soup! Yum yum.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    As soon as my house is back to normal I intend to learn to cook! Properly!

Gonna start with butter chicken curry & carrot & coriander soup! Yum yum.
    I thought you'd start with some proper pukka English food... like Chicken Tikka Masala.

Type
    ISFP

Nutella/cream cheese turnovers

I didn't do the chocolate drizzle thin enough, but will next time

I covered mine with powdered sugar fuck it

---

Today's shit

Made the cookie dough and was too lazy to put in little pieces so just made a whole big one I'll have with icecream (not all at once this fuckers huge)
    Last edited by rokki balbotox; Yesterday at 12:32 AM.