Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the Kitchen

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    You can make vegan parmesan cheese by combining blanched slivered almonds, nutritional yeast, and salt in a food processor. Process until its the correct consistency. It also adds B12
    How closely does it taste to parmesan?

Type
    INTP
    I have no idea. It adds some additional taste and texture to the sauce, and nutritional yeast has a kind of nutty-pungent flavor similar to a lot of hard cheeses. The almonds, I think, are mostly for texture and color, otherwise the nooch alone would just turn into powder and dissolve in the sauce.

Type
    INTP
    I think to get remotely close to parm you'd need MSG, because parmesan is an umami rich cheese.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    cream cheese pastry (quesito) with white chocolate ganache (...)

puff pastry cut into 9 squares with a dollop of vanilla'd sugar-cream cheese folded and brushed w egg clears & coated in coarse sugar

350 til golden

drizzled heavy whipping cream + white chocolate chips sauce over top for more diabetes

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Damn rokki that looks good, now I want pastries.

I've been trying to use the wok more often although my oven doesn't really get hot enough. First is beef stir fry with pepper and scallion, second is braised chicken with shiitake and peppers (although that was in a dutch oven so uhh bad example I guess)

Spoiler: hide

Homemade lasagna is surprisingly delicious, but also surprisingly expensive to buy ingrediants for and requires a fair amount of time cooking. Though it makes food for like an entire week, so worth it.

Focaccia, although some Italian might murder me for calling it that

Type
    ISFP
    ned that looks sooo good. Is that eggplant I see in the lasagna?

how'd you make the focaccia?

Type
    ISFP
    I'm baking a back-of-the-Hershey's package cake and after I put all the flour, bsoda, bpowder, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder, I realized I had no milk so I substituted heavy whipping cream instead-- same amount-- we'll see what jappens. Half-assed the measurements. What's interesting and drew my eye to this recipe is that it calls for 1 cup of boiling water added at the end before popping in the oven. There were also eggs and oil added. I will probably put the remainder of that white chocolate sauce on it with some chocolate frosting that's also on the back

--

Cake was good
    Frosting was good

-- colored the leftover ganache blue and ruined the look of the cake so I'm not posting it but it tasted good
    Last edited by rokki balbotox; 09-12-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    ned that looks sooo good. Is that eggplant I see in the lasagna?

how'd you make the focaccia?
    Yep eggplant, I don’t make lasagna without it now, it’s a really nice addition.

For the focaccia I think I used this recipe https://www.sunset.com/recipe/onion-focaccia but added in the olives, tomatoes, and parmesan. I think I used more oil too but that just makes it crispier, which I like anyway.

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Yep eggplant, I don’t make lasagna without it now, it’s a really nice addition.

For the focaccia I think I used this recipe https://www.sunset.com/recipe/onion-focaccia but added in the olives, tomatoes, and parmesan. I think I used more oil too but that just makes it crispier, which I like anyway.
    Hell yeah you'll be eating for 2 weeks off that

Type
    INTP
    Hmm. Next time my farm share includes eggplant I'll know what to do with it.

I'm still trying to figure out a good use for all these beets besides onion soup.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)