Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Traveling Alone: Recommendations & Tips

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Hitchhiking is an awesome way to travel, you're pretty much guaranteed to have an adventure. I hitchhiked up and down the west coast a bunch and nobody ever tried to hurt me, a skinny young guy who dressed like a fag. Cops can be assholes but all they did to me was talk shit. I met a bunch of different interesting people and had weird conversations and found new places and learned a lot. I went to some music festivals and hippie camps in the woods and I came back a couple times to Fort Bragg, CA and camped on glass beach. The whole humboldt/mendocino area was beautiful and welcoming. Highway 1 in northern CA has some amazing views but being a passenger would be way better I think because it is so curvy. If you go hitchhiking in hippie land you will spend practically nothing to have a time you'll remember forever and I promise you won't get murder-raped. I met a bunch of women who were doing that too, completely alone.
    I always worry about picking up hitchhikers because what if they stink? Then you're stuck with this stinky person in your car for hours.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I always worry about picking up hitchhikers because what if they stink? Then you're stuck with this stinky person in your car for hours.
    Yeah, that's fair. It's outside the typical introvert's comfort zone either way.