Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nootropics

Type
    INTj

Nootropics

What are your thoughts on Nootropics?

I've recently discovered PRL-8-53, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRL-8-53. It is nontoxic, has a high LD-50 in rats, and increases memory recall from 150%-250%. Reddit reviews say it is highly anxiolytic, http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/c...3_experiences/.

Lion's mane mushroom, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion%27s_Mane_Mushroom

Studied for (citations on wikipedia page)
    • Stimulated animal nerve cells.[4]
    • A double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial showed improved cognitive ability in individuals with mild cognitive impairment.[5]
    • Stimulated nerve growth factor in an in vitro experiment with human astrocytoma cells.[6] Nerve growth factor stimulated by phenol-analogous Hericenone.[7]
    • Stimulated myelination in an in vitro experiment.[8]

EDIT: Ordered some PRL-8-53 from a company in China, it's going to be an interesting month.
    Last edited by Perdix; 01-27-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Modafinil / armodafinil are excellent for hour-long mental focus sessions, and it kicked my inattentive ADHD in the ass. I should get some more of that stuff.

Type
    eNTP
    Bah. I got a modafinil rx but it was still too expensive for me with insurance.

Type
    INTP
    I used piracetam and aniracetam for a while. The piracetam was very subtle - I used it daily for about three months and for a while I thought it wasn't doing anything, then one day I thought about it and realized I was a lot more articulate than I had been before starting the 'tam. That was the biggest difference but it's a hard one to notice if you're not looking out for it.

Aniracetam was a bit of a different story because of what it does to vision. After I took it for the first time I went outside and for a fraction of a second I was seriously confused thinking "where the hell am I?" because of how different everything looked. It was twilight out, and the sky was a deep, dark blue that seemed to go on forever, it looked far more three-dimensional than usual. The bricks of the buildings around me looked much brighter and stood out more from the night. It was very enjoyable just to watch trees blow in the wind, because I was able to notice subtleties in their movement that I hadn't been sensitive to before. The leaves all seemed much more individual, and they stood out as they hadn't before. Unfortunately these effects seemed to fade for me after just a few days of use.

I would be worried about buying drugs from China. For the racetams I bought from Cerebral Health. Ok prices, not cheap, not expensive, and made in the US.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Modafinil / armodafinil are excellent for hour-long mental focus sessions, and it kicked my inattentive ADHD in the ass. I should get some more of that stuff.
    Mmm modafinil, I need to pick some up as well.

Aurast, the latter drug sounds interesting, almost dissociative in effect.

I canceled my orders from the Chinese supplier and am now buying from a biochem research company in america.

I also purchased 25mg of GEBr 7b which looks promising, but is completely untested in humans .

Type
    INTP
    It was the opposite, like being in a hyper-reality.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurast View Post
    It was the opposite, like being in a hyper-reality.
    Interesting you should say that as it modulates your 5HT2A receptors, which makes you, feeling hyper-immersed, logical.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...14299901010056

Most serotogenic psychedelics target it *strokes imaginary beard*. Now I must order some!
    Last edited by Perdix; 01-28-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Type
    INTP
    ^^^I was thinking it sounded like the beginning and aftereffects of a psychedelic trip.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTj
    I think i just found the holy grail of nootropics, Cerebrolysin.

A company called Ebewe in the Germanic country of Austria has developed and gained approval for their injectable product called Cerebrolysin® (CRB).

What makes CRB interesting is that it is specifically aimed at delaying the progression of AD; this is unusual in-itself because the current approved medications, (donepezil and memantine) are merely targeted at improving the symptoms and some of the disease outcomes.

CRB is also different because it can be considered to be the first natural approach to AD. CRB is peptide based, being very careful obtained by standardised enzymatic processes from purified brain proteins and aminoacids (of porcine origin).

CRB is designed to help support the function of neurons. This type of approach is known as neurotrophic and CRB being a neurotrophic factor appears to help support and maintain a number of neurons including those of serotonin, choline (related to Ach) and noradrenaline origin.

Action

What this means, is that CRB appears to be able to except a growth like factor on neurons, particularly those from the dorsal root ganglia. Plus, CRB appears to affect synaptic responses in the hippocampus, the region of the brain believed responsible for the deposit of memories. In other words, Cerebrolysin® helps to maintain and support these vital repair processes in the brain.

In addition, Cerebrolysin® has been shown to decrease amyloid-beta production in the brain. These are the so-called Alzheimer plagues that are seen in the post mortem examinations of AD autopsies. As these plagues are strongly correlated with the damage of AD, their control or reduction may be viewed as a highly significant benefit.

Furthermore, there is even some evidence that CRB can decrease the rate of apoptosis (the rate of cell death), a factor that could be linked to the slowing of the progression of the disease.

Clinical trials

Now that 80 trials have been completed on more than 5000 patients with AD, CRB can be considered to be well tested.

The studies highlight that those patients suffering from mild to moderate AD, that when treated with I.M. or I.V. infusions of CRB each day for 5 days a week, over a period of 4 weeks, that there was a significant improvement in cognitive measurements, even after just the first 4 initial weeks. What's more, Dr. E. Ruether, one of the doctors involved in the trials, noted that these improvements remained stable for up to 6-months- even after cessation of the therapy.

In more human terms this means that there are improvements in the activities of daily living, with the patients being able to do more by themselves, with far less assistance etc. Furthermore, when compared to the placebo patients in the trials, the CRB treated patients retained their improved cognitive measurements, even at month 7, whereas the placebo patients had clearly deteriorated during this same period.

Safety

To date, no known toxicity or safety concerns have been reported. Side effects during treatment have been rare and generally limited to dizziness, headache and heat sensations, although it is possible that these effects are related to the injection or I.V. being given "too quickly."

Potential contraindications appear to be limited to individual hypersensitivity, severe renal conditions and epilepsy.

Dosage

The normal dose pattern appears to be a 5 ml ampoule injected, (intramuscularly or intravenously) each day for 5-days (e.g. Monday-Friday) and repeated for a period of 4-weeks. Then after a 2-month period free from treatment the program is cycled again as necessary. Therefore, four packages each containing 5x 5ml ampoules are normally enough for 3-months at a time.
    I bought quite a bit of it at https://sslrelay.com/nootropic.eu/shop/. 15 days via ems :/.

Type
    INTP
    Ketamine and Ketamine analogs such as Methoxetamine are not only psychedelic, but also have anti-depressant and nootropic properties. They do so by repairing damaged synaptic connections in the brain near-instantaneously.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...tamine/263400/
    Last edited by ObtainGnosis; 01-29-2014 at 08:29 PM.