Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nootropics

Type
    INTP
    Just ordered piracetam, aniracetam, noopept, and some choline. Very low expectations of everything, but a cheap experiment if nothing else. Interested in seeing if the noopept/aniracetam stack cycled with piracetam does anything for me.

Type
    INTj
    ^I've heard good things from those.

I've tried Methoxetamine before, however Ketamine is far better a drug IMHO. Ketamine eases you into a dissociated state, MXE made me really anxious for some reason.

My order of PRL-8-53 came yesterday, I immediately dosed 5mg at 6pm and went to diner, nothing special happened throughout. This morning I woke up and I could remember almost every single detail from the night before (5 license plates, prices from the menu, specific details of the conversation I had with a friend.) Now this is not entirely abnormal, I have a decent memory, however there was no latency in recalling the information, it was just there. I have noticed that my emotions are ever so slightly dulled, however at dinner last night colors were very vivid. I will continue dosing 1-3 times a day at 5mg/dose and see what happens. I should add that I stupidly took the PRL-8-53 while on SAMe, luckily there were no negative interactions

Type
    INTP
    Noopept did nothing for me, although I only tried a few doses. Piracetam is decent, it'd be my second choice behind modafinil out of the nootropics I've tried. It's good for energy & stamina for exercising.

Type
    INTP
    I wish I had thrown some modafinil in with my order now, but oh well. I was hoping that everything was more orally available than it seems to be so I could combine it with Soylent shakes or something similar.

Was the effect of modafinil immediate for you, Deckard? From what I've been reading it seems like either you'll notice it in the first day or two or not at all. Even that doesn't seem to indicate that it is or isn't working, so at some level it's just consuming strange powders and hoping for the best.

Type
    INTP
    Piracetam is more subtle than modafinil. For me at least, modafinil & armodafinil are more like a strong espresso except the peak stimulant / attention effects last hours.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ^I've heard good things from those.

I've tried Methoxetamine before, however Ketamine is far better a drug IMHO. Ketamine eases you into a dissociated state, MXE made me really anxious for some reason.
    Did you notice a nootropic or anti-depressant effect in the days following either or both?

It's a rare person that digs dissociatives a lot, but I'm one of them. I like pretty much any arylcyclohexylamine if administered properly. I think INTPs are particularly geared to dissociative psychedelics, plus it treats my depression better than anything I've ever tried.
    "Remember me as you pass by.
    As you are now, so once was I.
    As I am now, so will you be.
    Prepare for Death & Follow Me."

-- Common Epitaph of Victorian-Era Gravestones

Type
    INTP
    And they've arrived! I was expecting the sublingual application to be way more bitter on the noopept than it actually is. Lingers a bit, but not entirely unpleasant. Now we wait for my placebo effect to go into full effect.

Type
    INTP
    So far so good. The effects seem "real" enough to rule out the possibility of placebo. I've been taking 20mg of noopept, at 8am and once more around 2pm combined with 750mg of aniracetam and 500mg of choline at 8am. Taking more aniracetam at 2pm seems hit and miss, depending on how the rest of my day will go. Sometimes it leaves me with too much energy late at night and I'll wake up incredibly early despite going to sleep well. If a headache starts to creep up more choline seems effective in stopping it.

Effects seem to be increased ability to stay on task, generally reduced anxiety, mental clarity, improved recall of long-term memory, and more free-flowing speech. No significant side effects so far that aren't attributable to not having timing/dosage right. Not taking choline in the morning seems to result in a higher likelihood of tripping over my own words, where my speaking ability can't keep pace with my thought process.

Type
    INTP
    So I'm considering trying some nootropics - but where to start? I mostly increased concentration/ability to focus. Any suggestions?

Type
    INTP
    Read everything you can. I just spent some time searching for forum discussions, articles, scientific papers, etc. /r/nootropics keeps a fairly good faq as well. Search for $noot + effects/side-effects/dosage/research/etc. and you should turn up what you want.