Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nootropics

Type
    xNxx
    I've had good luck with the racetams, at least piracetam and aniracetam. They worked as advertised. I may try oxi and prima soon.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by giegs View Post
    Read everything you can. I just spent some time searching for forum discussions, articles, scientific papers, etc. /r/nootropics keeps a fairly good faq as well. Search for $noot + effects/side-effects/dosage/research/etc. and you should turn up what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    I've had good luck with the racetams, at least piracetam and aniracetam. They worked as advertised. I may try oxi and prima soon.
    Have either of you guys tried noopept? I was thinking to get some piracetam but I have a friend who's going for noopept instead so maybe I should be looking at that too.

Type
    xNxx
    have not tried noopept.

i went with piracetam first because it seemed to be the best researched nootropic. i'm a little leery of the more exotic ones.

Type
    INTP
    Ok so I've ordered some aniracetam and citicoline. Wish me luck. And keep us posted @giegs!

Type
    INTP
    I recommend going a little heavy on the choline. Racetam headaches are irritating. Doubly so because the racetam itself is making you more aware of it.

I also recommend not trying to dissolve the racetam. Either cap it (PITA), or just dump it in your mouth and start chugging water. The choline I have is a citrate, so it's horrible and awesome: it smells like feet but tastes like an especially tart lemon. It's almost too tart for me, and I end up making some crazy faces and twitching like a dog licking peanut butter off a nine volt battery. Not that I know what that looks like.

Aniracetam works best with sufficient choline and fat--so eggs fried in butter are a great way to chase it.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I recommend going a little heavy on the choline. Racetam headaches are irritating. Doubly so because the racetam itself is making you more aware of it.

I also recommend not trying to dissolve the racetam. Either cap it (PITA), or just dump it in your mouth and start chugging water. The choline I have is a citrate, so it's horrible and awesome: it smells like feet but tastes like an especially tart lemon. It's almost too tart for me, and I end up making some crazy faces and twitching like a dog licking peanut butter off a nine volt battery. Not that I know what that looks like.

Aniracetam works best with sufficient choline and fat--so eggs fried in butter are a great way to chase it.
    Cool, thanks for the advice. I love buttery eggs, so any excuse is good.

What are you taking and for how long have you done it? Any success?

Type
    INTP
    I've taken aniracetam off and on for a couple years. I never got into a regular routine of it. But I have noticed it helps with general alertness--a bit like coffee but cleaner. I've never gotten any shakiness from it or noticed any bladder irritation. On the other hand, I've never had six doses of it in a single afternoon.

The effect is perceptible, but usually not dramatic. Consequently, it's a bit difficult to habituate.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    So my friend has been taking Noopept for 5 days now, says he doesn't notice anything. He's taking like, 40-60mg a day which seems like it should be adequate and I suspect that the problem is that he hasn't actually done anything where he might feel it. He hasn't really been doing anything that would require him to focus, I think he's maybe expecting the noopept to make him do stuff, but seems like he needs to do the stuff himself, and then noopept would help. I don't think noots are as magical as he wants them to be. But hey, maybe it just isn't actually doing anything.

Type
    INTP
    It's fairly subtle if you're just sitting on your ass. You shouldn't expect it to be the equivalent of injecting cocaine into your nutsack for instance.

He might want to try a stack. As I've mentioned, the noopept/aniracetam/choline stack seems to do well for me provided I take it early enough and only re-dose depending on activity. I spent most of the day working on my truck and had no issue staying on task and figuring things out as I went. Even made myself a new gas pedal.

Type
    xNxx
    for me:

racetams are kinda fun, kinda draining.

they definitely aid reading retention and memory. they modulate my senses. they're not "fun". that's about it.

so i contradicted myself?
    i contain multitudes, etc.