Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your Dark Core Score?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Bullshit. The problem is conformance to herd expectations. What is "socially" evaluated as ethical, moral or questionable is completely an appeal to groupthink herd dynamics of a particular time and place -- that is, subjective. Moreover, what I have observed to be the standard of "mortal, ethical or questionable" behavior is largely at odds with my own sense of ethics, mortality and conscienc -- one which I assert is in reference to objective facts and/or the pursuit thereof, rather than institution, tradition, religion or societal consensus (AKA feelings taken as principles). And so, to claim someone is "Dark" as the article suggests is simply to say you don't necessarily follow the herd (nor care for its feelings), and nothing more. Fuck that and fuck them.
    Ethically and socially correct are by definition about group dynamics and what the dominant mode of thought in the group is regarding what correct, proper, or polite behaviors are. Your objection is tantamount to saying it's bullshit to call feces "feces" for being made of excreted shit.
    Last edited by Hephaestus; 08-03-2018 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Grammar woes.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I said yes to 4 of the 9 questions.

Egoism. The excessive concern with one's own pleasure or advantage at the expense of community well-being.

Machiavellianism. Manipulativeness, callous affect, and strategic-calculating orientation.

Moral Disengagement. A generalized cognitive orientation to the world that differentiates individuals' thinking in a way that powerfully affects unethical behavior.

Spitefulness. A preference that would harm another but that would also entail harm to oneself. This harm could be social, financial, physical, or an inconvenience.

The questions which correspond to the first three, I was a strong but conditional "Yes" to. The last, of Spitefulness, I was an "oh fuck yes", more "Yes" than the other three combined and tripled.

The story of my life, in large part.

Moreover, I raise objection to this line from the article, right off the bat of the "D-Factor" proposal.

Bullshit. The problem is conformance to herd expectations. What is "socially" evaluated as ethical, moral or questionable is completely an appeal to groupthink herd dynamics of a particular time and place -- that is, subjective. Moreover, what I have observed to be the standard of "mortal, ethical or questionable" behavior is largely at odds with my own sense of ethics, mortality and conscienc -- one which I assert is in reference to objective facts and/or the pursuit thereof, rather than institution, tradition, religion or societal consensus (AKA feelings taken as principles). And so, to claim someone is "Dark" as the article suggests is simply to say you don't necessarily follow the herd (nor care for its feelings), and nothing more. Fuck that and fuck them.
    What sense of ethics, morality and conscience do you have? You seem to pretty much always reject anything resembling said sense from others, and if you're going to assert that your sense is based on objective facts, I hereby challenge you to put your principles on trial by naming them. You're far more feely-oriented than you think, I think.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

And so, to claim someone is "Dark" as the article suggests is simply to say you don't necessarily follow the herd (nor care for its feelings), and nothing more. Fuck that and fuck them.
    My experience is very different from yours in this regard. The herd as I perceive it is rather grey (maybe darker than light). All I have to do is drive a mile down the road around here to experience the dark side of the herd.

As for my darkness answers, bleh.

Maybe sometimes I manipulate to get my way if it's something really important too me, like getting to sleep in on a Saturday. It's not something I revel in though, just something I might do when the chips are super high, like there's sleep on the line!

Am I willing to suffer a bit to see someone get the punishment they deserve? Again, not really on a day to day basis or for little things, no. I'm more meh... whatever, moving on. For big things, you better believe it. But big things are a rarity. It's a zero to 100 thing. Until you hit my threshold, no desire whatsoever to get you punished even if you deserve it. Once you hit my threshold I will hunt you down and destroy you motherfucker!
    Last edited by stigmatica; 08-03-2018 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    I agree with

3. People who get mistreated have usually done something to bring it on themselves.

Doesn’t apply to children or animals
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Wow reading up on “Moral Disengagement”. I strongly agree with it. But I apply it to myself as well as other people. Now I understand why people get offended when they tell me about their hardships and I reply “that’s great”...

———
    Moral Disengagement

The effects locus refers to attempted explanations for effects. The main mechanism is disregard, distortion and denial of harmful effects. For example, the agent of harm may deny that people were seriously harmed, or say that the punishment actually was good for the individual because it toughened him up. Moral disengagement by observers of harmful practices, like by practitioners of harmful practices, can also occur at this locus. The observers simply disregard, distort or deny awful acts by others. Bandura shows, for example, how higher-ups in the Catholic Church tolerated abuse of children and moved offending priests around, thereby allowing them to carry their abuse from one milieu to another.
    The victim locus refers to attempts to displace blame onto the victim. There are two main mechanisms. Dehumanization occurs when one views the victim as, say, a lower animal — a cockroach or some form of vermin — an animal that one might step on and feel like one actually did a good deed. Attribution of blame occurs when one blames the victim — “she asked for it” or “he made me do it to him.”

——

Honestly people complain way too much. You’re not entitled to comfort. Work for it and stfu
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INTP
    I think my answer to all of these depends on both my mood, which fluctuates although I don't choose it, and my attitude, which I do choose. I am capable of darkness but it's not predetermined.

Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Honestly people complain way too much. You’re not entitled to comfort. Work for it and stfu
    Lots of people work harder than you and receive less. I find that I enjoy my blessings most when I cultivate gratitude.
    Last edited by pensive_pilgrim; 08-03-2018 at 03:12 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    What sense of ethics, morality and conscience do you have? You seem to pretty much always reject anything resembling said sense from others, and if you're going to assert that your sense is based on objective facts, I hereby challenge you to put your principles on trial by naming them. You're far more feely-oriented than you think, I think.
    Ptah's in the Body Triad of Enneagram (don't know if that system means anything to you, but it personally does to me) and so theoretically, Ptah is more emotional creature that those in the Head Triad such as yourself) but Ptahs "neuroticism" of the Enneagram is to try and disassociate himself from those feelings and others.

Which I see in play every day
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    I agree with

3. People who get mistreated have usually done something to bring it on themselves.

Doesn’t apply to children or animals
    I almost opted into this one too... But it was the the thought of children that made me not.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I almost opted into this one too... But it was the the thought of children that made me not.
    What if they're Jewish children?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    What if they're Jewish children?
    Jewish children get a free pass.. (tongue in cheek).