Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What socio-economic elements of our time will future epochs judge negatively?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    If you're buying into "lucifer/satan," then you're endorsing a Biblical/Christian framework, just flipping the script on who is the hero and the rationale behind it.

I'm envisioning something more like a fusion between science and pantheism. The guidework for morality informed by humanist traditions.
    I think they used to call that "philosophy" before it turned into self-serving mental masturbation.

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    My Chemical Romance will be recognized as one of the greatest bands posthumously and will affect how we judge music.

Democrat or republican? Blood or crip? Might become standard when it comes to PC equality for the sake of equality.
    Last edited by Grape Jelly; 08-07-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Memelogical qoutient

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Jelly View Post
    My Chemical Romance will be recognized as one of the greatest bands posthumously and will affect how we judge music.

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Memelogical qoutient

Type
    INtP
    @Grape Jelly If I'm living in a future where MCR is the pinnacle of musical achievement, I'll reach for the Tide Pods myself.

Type
    INTP
    I read something earlier that said in 1900 there were six times as many whales of a certain species (Humpbacks IIRC) on Earth as there are now.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

It was in the context of an article discussing the evolution of cetaceans and "marine paleontology", which also included the statement "For 30 million years whales were the smartest animals on Earth."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I read something earlier that said in 1900 there were six times as many whales of a certain species (Humpbacks IIRC) on Earth as there are now.
    I saw a documentary where thor heyerdhals nephew recreated his famous raft journey across the pacific.

Onboard they carried sensors that were collecting samples of water as they crossed the pacific. They were trying to detect the presence of endocrine disrupting chemcials as these mimic hormones and can change the genders of fish.

When thor made the journey in the 1940's his diary describes daily sightings of whales, sharks and other aquatic creatures but when his nephew made the journey they barely saw any

So basically since the second world war the use of chemicals has become so widespread that it has affected global fish stocks

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    What socio-economic elements of our time will future epochs judge negatively?
    the state of new jersey now has 1 in 35 children autistic. 1 in 22 boys there are autistic

So I would have to say that we will look back on vaccines as being one of the most devastating things in terms of health and human cost but also economically as the effect on the economy of vaccine damaged children is incalculable

People will ask ''how did they think it was a good idea to inject vaccines containing so many known toxins into babies and children?''