Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: US Supreme Court Vacancy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    INtP

US Supreme Court Vacancy

I posted about it in the Trump thread, but it deserves its own thread.

Unfortunately Kavanaugh seems to be an inevitability, even though this conversation should not even be happening. Let me pour out one for forgotten OG Merrick Garland.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c47469...-court-hearing

I wish I could embed this but it's not on youtube yet. Dark money, Federalist society, corporations buying Justices and filing amicus briefs---> Big Corporation controlling the laws to retain their power. I've never seen a member of the government substantiate this position this much. I believe it 100%.

Anyone else following the hearing?

Type
    INTp
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Big Corporation controlling the laws to retain their power...
    I'm game.

So long as Americans reject having the US government going into further debt to turn things around, corporations remain the best solution for getting as much money in as many Americans' hands as possible to keep this economy alive. Both Kavanaugh and the conservative court's experience with corporate structures and their consequences are a no-brainer for Congressional majority support.

Until I can find hope that anything but a major war that threatens the lives of not thousands, not hundreds of thousands, but millions of Americans will be the turning point for constituent support of government lending and spending in the US economy to encompass corporate spending at a minimum, Whitehouse is just honing his debating skills for his next appearance on WPRI and nodding to his constituents' interests without having to cast a vote (i.e., take responsibility for any consequences) as far as I'm concerned.

To be clear, I'm not saying, "Fuck Whitehouse." Criticism can be a good thing and I listened to all his remarks with interest.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-05-2018 at 01:40 AM.
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm game.

So long as Americans reject having the US government going into further debt to turn things around, corporations remain the best solution for getting as much money in as many Americans' hands as possible to keep this economy alive. Both Kavanaugh and the conservative court's experience with corporate structures and their consequences are a no-brainer for Congressional majority support.

Until I can find hope that anything but a major war that threatens the lives of not thousands, not hundreds of thousands, but millions of Americans will be the turning point for constituent support of government lending and spending in the US economy to encompass corporate spending at a minimum, Whitehouse is just honing his debating skills for his next appearance on WPRI and nodding to his constituents' interests without having to cast a vote (i.e., take responsibility for any consequences) as far as I'm concerned.

To be clear, I'm not saying, "Fuck Whitehouse." Criticism can be a good thing and I listened to all his remarks with interest.
    You're creating a false dichotomy between government spending and the....existence? of corporations.

It's about treating a corporation as if it's a person, and if its rights take precedence of the vast majority of low-wage workers who are beholden to it.

It's about how corporations gains are privatized, but costs/losses are socialized (for example, pollution).

Not even to mention campaign spending, lobbyists, astro-turfing, PACs, etc.

These are problems not isolated to the Supreme Court. But the Court is designed to be a check and balance against all the other branches. Being a lifetime appointment, a hint of impropriety or being beholden to anyone else besides the law and the American people is very scary.

Type
    INTp
    You're creating a false dichotomy between government spending and the....existence? of corporations.
    No, the dichotomy is public spending and private spending. Corporations contribute to the latter, and significantly so (e.g., employment, investment, etc.). Sure, individuals can do that too...but corporations have more potential lasting power and growth.

For example, CSPAN receives money from corporations to fund its operation, not the government.
    https://www.politico.com/media/story...trategy-002587
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    I posted about it in the Trump thread, but it deserves its own thread.

Unfortunately Kavanaugh seems to be an inevitability, even though this conversation should not even be happening. Let me pour out one for forgotten OG Merrick Garland.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c47469...-court-hearing

I wish I could embed this but it's not on youtube yet. Dark money, Federalist society, corporations buying Justices and filing amicus briefs---> Big Corporation controlling the laws to retain their power. I've never seen a member of the government substantiate this position this much. I believe it 100%.

Anyone else following the hearing?
    It's The GOP/Conservative/Republican politics as usual. Everything they've done and will ever do is in bad faith.

If the Democrats manage to gain full control of the government they need to pack the court to 11 or even 15 and impeach Gorsuch and whatever this new cunt's name is as they've been appointed by an illegitimate president and un-indicted co-conspirator in a conspiracy against the United States. Then they need to codify into law all these bullshit traditions and norms the GOP traitors throw out the window to continue governing in bad faith. Let's make Puerto Rico a state and get rid of the broken cap on the House of Representatives using the Wyoming rule or something.

Then we can have a modern day March to the Sea.

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    It's The GOP/Conservative/Republican politics as usual. Everything they've done and will ever do is in bad faith.

If the Democrats manage to gain full control of the government they need to pack the court to 11 or even 15 and impeach Gorsuch and whatever this new cunt's name is as they've been appointed by an illegitimate president and un-indicted co-conspirator in a conspiracy against the United States. Then they need to codify into law all these bullshit traditions and norms the GOP traitors throw out the window to continue governing in bad faith. Let's make Puerto Rico a state and get rid of the broken cap on the House of Representatives using the Wyoming rule or something.

Then we can have a modern day March to the Sea.
    how is trump 'illigitimate'?

did he not win the election?

regarding what you've said about what you think the democrats should do if they can get into the supreme court, what do you think about what ted cruz claimed the demcrats want to do?

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    Because the electorate was duped by arseholes like you reposting crap that originated in a Macedonian teenagers bedroom.

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Because the electorate was duped by arseholes like you reposting crap that originated in a Macedonian teenagers bedroom.
    that actually wouldn't make the result of the election illegitimate

you do understand that right?

I'm curious after hearing some posters comments in this thread: do you @Fitz and @oxyjen consider yourself to be left or liberal?

Type
    intp
    that actually wouldn't make the result of the election illegitimate
    Hey look, you just posted some more fake crap no one will watch.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ

did he not win the election?

regarding what you've said about what you think the democrats should do if they can get into the supreme court, what do you think about what ted cruz claimed the demcrats want to do?
    You know how when a teacher finds out you cheated on a test and they fail you because you're a cheating piece of shit?

He's an illegitimate President leading a party of criminals.

I'd list the reasons why but like your comrades you only post in bad faith.