Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: US Supreme Court Vacancy

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    Hey do you think Bill Clinton would have sexual access to white house interns if Hillary was the president?

Oh I guess you're right these things are only important for a couple decades.
    Would just like to take the time to point out that Hillary Clinton has ties to the sex slave trade via one Laura Silsby.

Nobody seems to care about that, or the Haitian kids who were being trafficked.

Just like nobody seems to care that the European Royal houses have many connections to child abuse and child trafficking.

Mara's right in that nobody pays attention to anything unless it's reported by mainstream media. Fools.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Normal in the sense that people struggle to remember accurately what happened so long ago? Sure. Seems like a good reason to be skeptical of anyone's recollections after so long. Especially when that same person has already been shown to have lied about more easily falsifiable things.

But also normal in the sense that someone lying will want to keep as many of the surrounding details as vague as possible.

But let's not act like there's no big incentive to make yourself the celebrity victim of an unpopular celebrity, or that Kavanaugh's confirmation was uncontroversial before the last-minute unfalsifiable accusation.

No, it's moot to you because you've opposed him all along and none of this nonsense has changed your position or that of anyone else with half a brain. Ford is just a flimsy excuse to subvert the established procedure and delay the confirmation until after the election. I imagine she'll regret making herself the center of attention like this, when the only lasting result will be her name becoming synonymous with a bunch of nonsense.
    There is no evidence she was motivated by those things. All indications point to the opposite, as I said and you have not refuted.

Yes, I disagreed with kavanaugh ideologically and how this investigation went wasn't going to change my ideological stance. However I was floored at his moral and professional conduct. I am troubled with the allegations as well, as anyone should be. Gorsuch, alito, Roberts, all Republican appointees during my adulthood with no scandal attached. Why not a better nominee? Why not a moderate?

Type
    INTP
    Personally, I was kind of ambivalent about the guy until he got up there and opened his mouth.

Type
    INTx
    "If I've learned anything from these decades of working on these problems, it's this. Just because somebody tells you something and they say it with confidence, just because they say it with lots of detail, just because they express emotion when they say it; it doesn't mean that it really happened. We can't reliably distinguish true memories from false memories. We need independent corroboration. . . . Memory like liberty is a fragile thing."

You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Caveat View Post
    "If I've learned anything from these decades of working on these problems, it's this. Just because somebody tells you something and they say it with confidence, just because they say it with lots of detail, just because they express emotion when they say it; it doesn't mean that it really happened. We can't reliably distinguish true memories from false memories. We need independent corroboration. . . . Memory like liberty is a fragile thing."

[video=youtube;PB2OegI6wvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2OegI6wvI&t=]
    Harvard PhD expert on psychological trauma remarks on memory regarding this case

Without compelling evidence of such influences, there is no scientific or rational basis for assuming distortions have occurred...

I could also look up info on how alcohol might be the reason for a lot of the people “not remembering” the incident. Also if pp wants to talk about the incentive for lying about it, I have a million and one reasons why Kavanaugh would be motivated, enabled, and encouraged to lie. Throughout this thread has been debunked some of KavanaughKs claims. If he is going to lie about being able to legally drink when that is easily fact checked to be false, of course he will lie about something happening behind closed doors that barely anyone could refute.

Doesn’t matter anyway, he’s “Justice” Kavanaugh now.

Type
    INTx
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Harvard PhD expert on psychological trauma remarks on memory regarding this case

Without compelling evidence of such influences, there is no scientific or rational basis for assuming distortions have occurred...

I could also look up info on how alcohol might be the reason for a lot of the people “not remembering” the incident. Also if pp wants to talk about the incentive for lying about it, I have a million and one reasons why Kavanaugh would be motivated, enabled, and encouraged to lie. Throughout this thread has been debunked some of KavanaughKs claims. If he is going to lie about being able to legally drink when that is easily fact checked to be false, of course he will lie about something happening behind closed doors that barely anyone could refute.

Doesn’t matter anyway, he’s “Justice” Kavanaugh now.
    He remarked on sexual assault cases in general.

But decades of research have shown that the most central details are not easy to distort, which typically requires repeated leading questions from people in authority or a very strong internal motivation for doing so. But without compelling evidence of such influences, there is no scientific or rational basis for assuming that such distortions have occurred, especially for those most central and horrible details the person has been both tormented by and trying to avoid, sometimes successfully and sometimes not, for years or even decades.
    Your article supports the proposition that though the central highly emotional details of the memory of a traumatizing experience such as sexual assault, or combat violence, are not easy to distort, they can be distorted by influences such as leading questions from people in authority (perhaps by the partisan attorneys Sen. Feinstein recommended to Ford) or a very strong internal motivation for doing so (perhaps by the fear that, with Kavanaugh on the court, "WOMAN WILL DIE!").
    You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INTp
    This may now cost the Democrats their chance to swing the House in their favor.as the trade war escalates.

Senator Collins' speech was rational and filled with supporting evidence for her assertions. It won't be overlooked through the midterms.

I'm not linking it because it's easy to find for anyone who cares to speculate on the odds of a blue tsunami laying waste to the populist barbarian horde, who it turns out isn't as stupid as the gender-swapping George Clooney clone dreamers assumed.

First of all, the horde actually bothers to understand how the US government operates...
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    First of all, the horde actually bothers to understand how the US government operates...

Why do you have so many walking, talking cadavers as representatives?

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Caveat View Post
    He remarked on sexual assault cases in general.

Your article supports the proposition that though the central highly emotional details of the memory of a traumatizing experience such as sexual assault, or combat violence, are not easy to distort, they can be distorted by influences such as leading questions from people in authority (perhaps by the partisan attorneys Sen. Feinstein recommended to Ford) or a very strong internal motivation for doing so (perhaps by the fear that, with Kavanaugh on the court, "WOMAN WILL DIE!").
    The science says her memories are reliable and there has been no evidence or reason to believe they are distorted.

She came forward with these memories, it's not like people approached her and "implanted" false memories into her.

Just admit you think she's lying.

Trump today admitted he moved and misrepresented her testimony in order to, in his words, "even the playing field." I think that's what you're trying to do right now, throw miss at this to obfuscate how inappropriate kavanaugh acted.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Senator Collins' speech was rational and filled with supporting evidence for her assertions.
    Just like it was when she commented on Al Franken... who Trump said folded like a wet rag.