Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: US Supreme Court Vacancy

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Answer the questions I put to you, otherwise just shut the fuck up.

Innit.

Well, obviously the alien mind control conspiracy theory hasn't been debunked.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Which idiots?

The conspiracy theory has been widely discredited and debunked. It has been judged to be false after detailed investigation by the fact-checking website Snopes.com and The New York Times, and numerous news organizations have debunked it as a conspiracy theory, including the New York Observer, The Washington Post, The Independent in London, The Huffington Post, The Washington Times, the Los Angeles Times, Fox News, and the Miami Herald. The Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia characterized the matter as "fictitious".
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    All propaganda!

Now read this blog post written by a guy who uses a pseudonym-@ fictional character from a Hollywood movie who happened to lead a group called project mayhem, including the misinformation committee.
    Who cares about what any of those outlets say? Who cares what any outlets at all say? The pictures are there for all to see. This is just pathetic that you all insist on getting stuff second hand when 2 people now are offering the original content straight to you. The disturbing instagram pictures: what do you have to say about those? If you have a brain at all, you say it's really weird. That's all we are saying. It just blows my mind that this stuff can be right in your face and you're still like "DUHHHHHHH well uhhh New York Times and WaPo said it's conspiraciez spread by Mike Cernobich and there's no basement lol crazy right-wing nut-jobs(tm)". Your brain doesn't work.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    you say it's really weird.
    Since when has being weird been a crime? http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2..._a_target.html

So why Comet? It’s possible that alt-righters susceptible to conspiracy theories might have latched onto any D.C. pizza place (they think the word pizza is a pedophilic code word). And it’s true that Comet’s owner, James Alefantis, has some connections to Democratic Party bigwigs. But there’s something special about Comet Ping Pong, and it’s that distinctive character, sadly, that may have allowed the campaign against it to fester. Comet is, after all, D.C.’s weirdo pizza place.

For the better part of a decade, Comet has been both a neighborhood hang for young families as well as a reliable home for eccentrics, queers, outsiders, and their art. Alefantis, who owns another restaurant on the same street and is a formidable player in the D.C. art world, fills his restaurant with a rotating collection of installations from local visual artists. The pingpong tables in the back room regularly get cleared out for concerts featuring up-and-coming local acts alongside touring bands that could easily book the bigger venues in town. While families eat pizza in the front, D.C. punks cheer on their friends and idols in the back. Even when the headliner is a band called Sex Stains, the vibe is generally pretty wholesome.

Type
    INTP
    Speaking of NYT and WaPo. Carlos Slim and Jeff Bezos. That's all you need to know about what they are there to tell you. It is propaganda. And this isn't just right wing resentment. Only the low information centrists likes those outlets. Academic leftists like Noam Chomsky tear these papers to shreds routinely and identify them as... yes, propaganda outlets.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Academic leftists like Noam Chomsky tear these papers to shreds routinely and identify them as... yes, propaganda outlets.
    I don't know what you're talking about, but Chomsky has read more NYT than most anyone at the fucking NYT itself.

He has bruxism from years of reading the NYT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Since when has being weird been a crime? http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2..._a_target.html
    Enough with your shitty defense mechanisms. I never said being weird is a crime. See, this is how you defend yourself from ideas you don't like. You come up with bad confabulations to block contradictory information. What I said is that their behavior, which we could point out many more PRIMARY examples of, clearly arouses suspicion that these people are into some unsavory things.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but Chomsky has read more NYT than most anyone at the fucking NYT itself.

He has bruxism from years of reading the NYT.
    Yes, I recall that anecdote. But I've also read one of his books (Manufacturing Consent) and NYT is one of his biggest targets.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Yes, I recall that anecdote. But I've also read one of his books (Manufacturing Consent) and NYT is one of his biggest targets.
    Errm, it is, because it's also probably the most important mainstream newspaper in the world. But no serious academic would stop reading mainstream newspapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Errm, it is, because it's also probably the most important mainstream newspaper in the world. But no serious academic would stop reading mainstream newspapers.
    How did you get on this "stop reading them" track? Not sure. What I'm saying is compatible with them continuing to read them.

Type
    intp
    Enough with your shitty defense mechanisms. I never said being weird is a crime. See, this is how you defend yourself from ideas you don't like. You come up with bad confabulations to block contradictory information. What I said is that their behavior, which we could point out many more PRIMARY examples of, clearly arouses suspicion that these people are into some unsavory things.
    lol... Being weird is not a crime but look at the weird suspicious shit these people are doing.