Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minor changes in environment that make a huge impact

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    sleeping with west-facing window open (no blinds)

okay, i’m an idiot. i live in LA. i don’t need a light alarm clock.

this shit shines directly on my bed from across the room and it’s bright. this is possible cuz i can open the window blinds fully now after moving furniture in my bedroom.
    it's weird but fascinating.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    clothes on the floor are banned*

i just bought a simple clothing rack (“rigga” from ikea) for my bedroom for the sole purpose of keeping “immediate use” clothes, bags, yoga mat (etc.) off the floor and bed. it’s at the foot of my bed within easy reach in the morning. there’s a shelf underneath to keep my laundry bin and shoes too. it’s not pretty but it’s practical and excellent. would recommend.

*with few exceptions
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 01-11-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Type
    INTP
    I like that idea. We need something like that for clothes purgatory. It's not clean so it can't go back in a drawer but it's not dirty enough for the hamper... My man takes his clothes in that category and litters them on every possible surface around the house and it makes me feel like my brain is going to explode.

Type
    INTP
    I dump the Inbetweeners in reasonable areas... Like the bathroom rail, or sometimes just the bedroom floor if I've just taken off trousers/a jumper that have been worn for a few hours, they can be worn again tomorrow.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    cheap soundproofing

lined doorframe with weatherstripping foam tape and attached a door sweep. this isn’t 100% soundproof but makes a HUGE difference. i feel really stupid for not doing this before. and there’s the added bonus of keeping out smoke and cooking fumes.

suddenly the loudest noises aren’t external commotion but the ticking of multiple clocks that i insist on having.

i should soundproof those clocks

i did move my bookshelves recently against a noisy wall, but i don’t think that does anything for absorbing noise.