Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Presidential Alert

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    The government has always been able to send threat alerts to our cell phones.
    Yeah. It's because it's got "presidential" in the title. That's the weird bit. I think it's just a stupid decision somewhere.

Type
    INTP
    Imagine if every Trump tweet was a forced notification on your phone.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Imagine if every Trump tweet was a forced notification on your phone.
    There's people who would love that. Like zago, apparently.

I'm just waiting for a presidential aide with a keen sense of humor to send us all this:
    Spoiler: ...
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I'm just waiting for a presidential aide with a keen sense of humor to send us all this:
    Spoiler: ...
    I'm pretty sure we could manage to get Donny to actually send a picture of his toadstool if we play our cards right. All we need is some reporters to ask him about the size of his toadstool repeatedly and then follow up his answer with a question expressing doubt.

And before you know it Mike, Zago, Heph, and PP are going to have a new wallpaper on their phones.

Type
    INTP
    Suspiciously, my phone died the night before. Its a fantastic idea. With the internet, a lot of people no longer watch TV. Many don't even visit news sites. An SMS alert reaches nearly everyone now that we have Obama phones. This will save a lot of lives.

However it is the government. I'm sure they will figure out a way to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP_WAS_NOT_TAKEN View Post
    Suspiciously, my phone died the night before. Its a fantastic idea. With the internet, a lot of people no longer watch TV. Many don't even visit news sites. An SMS alert reaches nearly everyone now that we have Obama phones. This will save a lot of lives.

https://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP_WAS_NOT_TAKEN View Post
    Don't need no Obama phone anyways.

If I was to say: "Quick name a widely known twitter user! Fast!" I suspect you might name a very highly ranked government individual. So we've already been there, done that.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post

If I was to say: "Quick name a widely known twitter user! Fast!" I suspect you might name a very highly ranked government individual.
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Johnson's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    We gonna receive Trump tweets straight to our cell phone?

That's love.
    Memelogical qoutient