Thread: Shameless plug

Type
    INTP

Shameless plug

Hi guys. I'm trying to promote some of my Medium stories in the hopes it'll get more claps. I'd really appreciate it if you could help. Obviously, just share it if you really like it.

Being A Ghost
    Lessons of My Life
    Dear Me (A Letter to My Younger Self)
    Are You Rich Enough?
    The Inevitable Loss of Innocence
    Loneliness isn't being alone with no one to talk to. Loneliness is being surrounded by so many people, none of whom sees the real you. Loneliness isn't an island. It's a sea of people moving through you and past you. It's a storm of empty days and empty moments, going through the motions and hoping that just for one day your emptiness is filled.

Loneliness isn't a state of being alone, but a state of not being fully understood.

Potpourri

Type
    InTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Hi guys. I'm trying to promote some of my Medium stories in the hopes it'll get more claps. I'd really appreciate it if you could help. Obviously, just share it if you really like it.

Being A Ghost
    Lessons of My Life
    Dear Me (A Letter to My Younger Self)
    Are You Rich Enough?
    The Inevitable Loss of Innocence
    whyd u leave this one out?
    https://medium.com/@JaoRomero/my-bit...y-7a0963ffe34b

It was 2009. I was deep in conversation with some of the world’s most introverted yet smartest people. How I happen to be in this group was dumb luck. It was an internet forum dedicated to smart but introverted people. We were discussing the recent worldwide financial crash and how the entire financial industry should burn for the highway robbery happening then.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    INTP
    I chose stories which I thought would be more appealing to general readers. Blockchain isn't really a mass appeal topic.
    Loneliness isn't being alone with no one to talk to. Loneliness is being surrounded by so many people, none of whom sees the real you. Loneliness isn't an island. It's a sea of people moving through you and past you. It's a storm of empty days and empty moments, going through the motions and hoping that just for one day your emptiness is filled.

Loneliness isn't a state of being alone, but a state of not being fully understood.

Potpourri

Type
    INTp
    I chose stories which I thought would be more appealing to general readers. Blockchain isn't really a mass appeal topic.
    Have you considered promoting those stories through a platform more appealing to general readers then, such as Facebook or Twitter?
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INXj
    Kapwa Pinoy! *high fives*

There was this sense of familiarity when I read your posts since your thesis thread. Clearly out of topic but I’m glad that intuition was validated.

I consider myself of no political affiliation ( aka color) but will be quite interested in your thoughts about the incumbent.

Type
    INTP
    I would have given you a clap for one of your tales, but I needed to log in and that barrier to entry was more than I was willing to undergo.

In Ptah like fashion, "Log in with Facebook" results in a rorschach association in my mind to "Fuck off and Die". But I'm old.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Have you considered promoting those stories through a platform more appealing to general readers then, such as Facebook or Twitter?
    uhh, i'm promoting it through Medium, which I think is a platform for general readers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    Kapwa Pinoy! *high fives*

There was this sense of familiarity when I read your posts since your thesis thread. Clearly out of topic but I’m glad that intuition was validated.

I consider myself of no political affiliation ( aka color) but will be quite interested in your thoughts about the incumbent.
    My thoughts on the incumbent is the same as my thoughts on Trump. Very negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I would have given you a clap for one of your tales, but I needed to log in and that barrier to entry was more than I was willing to undergo.

In Ptah like fashion, "Log in with Facebook" results in a rorschach association in my mind to "Fuck off and Die". But I'm old.
    Why does it ask to log in with Facebook when the link I posted is through Medium?

Potpourri

Type
    INTp
    uhh, i'm promoting it through Medium, which I think is a platform for general readers
    Never heard of it.

Why do you need more claps?

I'm only being a smartass superficially. As a member here who also appreciates good writing, I'm wondering about the mindset of writing for others rather than oneself and the impact of that (e.g., seeking praise).

I mean, if I write something here that gets praise it is a nice thing to receive. But if I'm only going to write for that, then why write at all?
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-07-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Never heard of it.

Why do you need more claps?

I'm only being a smartass superficially. As a member here who also appreciates good writing, I'm wondering about the mindset of writing for others rather than oneself and the impact of that (e.g., seeking praise).

I mean, if I write something here that gets praise it is a nice thing to receive. But if I'm only going to write for that, then why write at all?
    Medium is a platform which pays its writers depending on the number of claps they garner. Readers pay a monthly subscription and the subscription dues are divided to writers based on the number of claps. Non-members can read maximum of 5 stories before they hit the paywall.

Potpourri