Thread: INTP and Boredom

Type
    INXj

INTP and Boredom

How do you tell if an INTP is bored?

Pray tell.

Type
    eNTP
    All the laundry is clean, sorted, folded, and put away. In a dresser.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

They get tired of dying from a single arrow on Skyrim.
    abstractionist

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    All the laundry is clean, sorted, folded, and put away. In a dresser.
    That's not boredom, that's procrastination!

/someone who cleaned up today
    Heh. We've been here years now.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    they move on

they are depressed
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    By the way, why did you make the thread, @Lilith ? Are you trying to find out if someone is bored? I never get bored (whether I'm an INTP is another matter). Even when I'm not doing anything, I'm in my head, and only real life stops me from being that way for hours on end.

Maybe I'm only bored when I'm doing something (that I don't want to do, like a translation I hate, for example). We tend to think of boredom as something that happens when we aren't doing anything or can't find anything to do. I can't relate to that.

The scariest people are the ones that need other people around them to not be bored. Do not trust those people.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    By the way, why did you make the thread, @Lilith ? Are you trying to find out if someone is bored? I never get bored (whether I'm an INTP is another matter). Even when I'm not doing anything, I'm in my head, and only real life stops me from being that way for hours on end.

Maybe I'm only bored when I'm doing something (that I don't want to do, like a translation I hate, for example). We tend to think of boredom as something that happens when we aren't doing anything or can't find anything to do. I can't relate to that.

The scariest people are the ones that need other people around them to not be bored. Do not trust those people.
    I concur with all of the above. Which also means I agree with your point about procrastination. The closest I come to boredom is if I'm tired but can't fall asleep, overstimulated and can't concentrate, or filled with energy but constrained in my actions in a way that prohibits me from releasing that energy. Often these are different views of the same frustrating feeling. I hate having my body feel all amped when my mind is tired. It's like having my brain being ground by a millstone while my arms and legs are flooded with adrenaline.

I don't know how trustworthy people who need others to not be bored are, but I know how irritating their constant interruptions are. It's painful and infuriating. @Sistamatic nailed it years back with her kitten metaphor.

People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    oo, i thought of one.

when they're nodding along to a conversation, but not saying much (or not saying anything), and then you can tell they're just exhausted afterwards.
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    they move on
    Spoiler: Like so?

I assumed that INTs are so expressionless that it's hard to gauge if they're having fun, kinda like the Elkor.

abstractionist