Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do so many incompetent men become leaders?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    Add me to the group who have been working for 20+ years across different sectors and countries. I've yet to experience sexism in the workplace, or be a witness to it. I've seen plenty of incompetent leaders/managers and staff both male and female, related to human/primate personality flaws and not gender.

Concerning the entitlements of maternity/paternity in the workplace, as a non-breeder who thinks the human population could do with a good cull (go anti-vaxxers!), I just accept the additional hardships placed on the rest of the workforce caused by a company catering to their personal decision to breed, in the same way men have often just accepted that women typically don't get drafted into the military when conscription is in place.
    Historic moment:
    Britain have now opened up all combat roles to women.

I believe in "soft" eugenics, responsible breeding should be encouraged and the dumb should be educated out of people.... But the breeding can't just be left to dumb people.. Now look what you've done, deprived the world of Mxx.20.

Limey, impregnate this woman.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Historic moment:
    Britain have now opened up all combat roles to women.

Really? I was working with a female infantry section commander in 1997...

Type
    INTP
    Our society doesn't have a large pool of competent people to lead because people are raised into passive supporting roles to follow the authority of government and institutions. Even among the people who are doing the leading, many of whom are women, most aren't good leaders but are decent administrators.