Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small business owners or entrepreneurs

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    If only there was something I could do that 1) wasn’t IT and 2) has the potential to beat my current IT career in the financial vs. stress tradeoff. As dull as an office job can be, it’s hard to beat the risk vs reward.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    If only there was something I could do that 1) wasn’t IT and 2) has the potential to beat my current IT career in the financial vs. stress tradeoff. As dull as an office job can be, it’s hard to beat the risk vs reward.
    Real estate. Or find some good high-yield investment funds (ie, start saving 1/2 take-home salary; 2/3rds is even better, though harder to do). Eventually, you'll be able to retire (savings after taxes = 25x yearly expenses).

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    It's still IT-ish but could you do something more creative in your computer work, like graphics or animation?

Type
    INTP
    I've been self employed. I think I'd need a partner before I got into more full service fulfillment. General knowledge and having the propensity to see the full picture would be a plus. Followup is a weakness. I've gotten better at it but it still time consuming and a pain in the butt. I feel like there are better uses for my time. Or, I don't feel like I'm getting as much done as I should, would be a better way to put it.

I would think a lot would have to depend on what you want to do. How good are you at hustling sales and meeting new people?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    It's still IT-ish but could you do something more creative in your computer work, like graphics or animation?
    No, I'm not a particularly creative person.