Thread: Humanistic Psychology and Current Events

Type
    eNtP

Humanistic Psychology and Current Events

"Cesar Sayoc ‘Found A Father In Trump,’ Family Attorney Tells Anderson Cooper"

He “was attracted to Trump reaching out to these types of outsiders ... telling them that it’s okay to get angry,” said Ron Lowy.

So this guy -- Obviously living in a state of perpetual paranoid delusion. That's not to say that we all don't live in layers of our own created delusions.. *almost hyperlinks plato's cave* --however his type being of the malevolent fanatical type.. So as it is, necessarily it becomes a legitimate concern for others.

From what i read, he at this time is living inside of his van. His van--covered in pro republican jargon..
    He is obviously not meeting the needs of his lower necessities. One could only assume that aside from eating enough food, he does not feel secure in his rolling dogma machine. He does not experience love or belonging in his personal life. His self esteem probably sways from self loathing to self aggrandizement over his perceived power to theoretically inflict harm on others. He would often times become obsessed with promoting certain lifestyle habits and events... For him, the act of sending out these mail bombs were a necessary conclusion to his psychosis reaching full "Self Actualization."

I believe that regardless as to what type person Trump is considered to be in this world, this guy would have done exactly this or something in similar fashion. Political themes are very common in individuals experiencing mania/psychosis.
    Last edited by Bking; 10-28-2018 at 07:16 PM.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Bking View Post
    "Cesar Sayoc ‘Found A Father In Trump,’ Family Attorney Tells Anderson Cooper"

He “was attracted to Trump reaching out to these types of outsiders ... telling them that it’s okay to get angry,” said Ron Lowy.

So this guy -- Obviously living in a state of perpetual paranoid delusion. That's not to say that we all don't live in layers of our own created delusions.. *almost hyperlinks plato's cave* --however his type being of the malevolent fanatical type.. So as it is, necessarily it becomes a legitimate concern for others.

From what i read, he at this time is living inside of his van. His van--covered in pro republican jargon..
    He is obviously not meeting the needs of his lower necessities. One could only assume that aside from eating enough food, he does not feel secure in his rolling dogma machine. He does not experience love or belonging in his personal life. His self esteem probably sways from self loathing to self aggrandizement over his perceived power to theoretically inflict harm on others. He would often times become obsessed with promoting certain lifestyle habits and events... For him, the act of sending out these mail bombs were a necessary conclusion to his psychosis reaching full "Self Actualization."

I believe that regardless as to what type person Trump is considered to be in this world, this guy would have done exactly this or something in similar fashion. Political themes are very common in individuals experience mania/psychosis.
    I wasn't sure if you were talking about the terrorist or some current forum members.

Certain types of people are prime targets for radicalization and people like Trump knowingly take advantage of that. It's basically just grooming.

Type
    InTP
    fitz is reading the leaked scripts again
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    InTP
    one of my first thoughts when I read this

Yesterday, in an exclusve CNN interview, Lowy described Sayoc as mentally ill — a “sick individual” who is lost and needs help, who “didn’t react like a normal individual” and “wasn’t working on all cylinders”.

Although Sayoc in a tweet had claimed to be a Seminole, Lowy said (0:30 mark):

“Well, he was clearly not Native-American. His father was Filipino and abandoned him as a child and his mother is Italian. And he adopted this claim to being a Seminole because he was trying to create an identity. If you ask me, again my layman’s opinion, is that manifested from his lack of a father and his desire for an identity. This was someone lost…. And he found a father in Trump.”
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    INTP
    To me the question of violence and rhetoric is chicken and egg... Existential stress (which I would say includes economy, environment, culture) feeds fear and anxiety, which feeds and is fed by opportunistic, aggressive chauvenism. Certainly rhetoric encourages it, but I think that focusing on the rhetoric... I don't know, it just feels futile. Fighting a symptom moreso than the cause. (Thinking of the recent discussing featuring @oxyjen, the opinion piece you quoted seemed spot on, and I'm not so much asserting an opinion as feeling out an intuitive position here...)

And in the similarities between both sides, and the reason I'm posting here in this thread... I think it is *human* psychology, *human* tendencies to demonize and shout down, deny, wish to eliminate the other. Why is one side *more* prone to extreme forms of this behavior? Why does the public rhetoric of one side thrive on it more than the other? My hunch is that it comes down to the higher disgust quotient of Republicans vs Democrats in general. So then my response would be, instead of just demanding that they stop doing that, how can we redirect this natural desire for safety and predictability into constructive action rather than paranoid destruction?