Thread: Personalized Monthly Subscription Box

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx

Personalized Monthly Subscription Box

imagine you've signed up for one of those monthly subscription boxes, but this is custom-designed just for you.

what kind of items would be in there?
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    I can't think of anything I really want to acquire on a monthly basis that wouldn't suffer from shipping... Rice?

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I can't think of anything I really want to acquire on a monthly basis that wouldn't suffer from shipping... Rice?
    hypothetically speaking, shipping prices are not an issue.

i might keep changing this later but here's mine:

+ essential oils, from trusted sources. samples are fine
    + loose leaf teas (at least one should be a non-disappointing / non-disgusting decaf cuz i've cut back on caffeine. is there such a thing?)
    + samples of handmade soaps, for ideas
    + seasonal grow kits would be awesome
    + snacks from around the world
    + sheet masks, skincare samples but not too much. i'm thinking seasonal stuff
    + themed matchboxes. perfect example of something cute that i'd never buy
    + samples of powdered health drinks, cuz i'm gross

+ bath bombs (?) but maybe i can learn to make my own with EOs
    + maaaybe some kind of DIY project with supplies and materials already measured out in a category i choose, like "eco beauty" stuff— i could get into that. but i'd get mad if this wasn't very economical.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 11-13-2018 at 01:49 AM.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Organic nuts and nut butters.
    Organic in season fresh fruits
    Organic dried fruits
    a non-fiction book, preferably self-help but science and health related books would also be ok.
    a medical documentary
    a new song or two for my running playlist.

Type
    INtP
    -"aromatherapy" bath bombs/bubble bath/shower melts
    -snacks/candy from specific countries (like this is in the future where they can mindread so they know to send me frigor milk chocolate bars and good Turkish Delight)
    -good crochet patterns with unconventional/specialty yarn included. or good needlework accessories
    -ten suggestions for songs to add to my workout playlist that don't actually suck
    -age-appropriate all-included craft/activity boxes for kids to do
    -recipe and ingredients for cocktail of the month

But I would still never get a subscription box as the world has not reached mind-reading status and I'd rather shop/buy this stuff on my own for the most part (I'm selective about snacks and what patterns I like). Probably the kid's craft and cocktail thing are the ones that I'd enjoy having someone else pick stuff out for me.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    -"aromatherapy" bath bombs/bubble bath/shower melts
    oo, i wanna add bath bombs to mine too.

is there a lot of interest in aromatherapy here? i thought about making a thread but didn't wanna be the only person posting.

it's an expensive interest to get into though so i thought a subscription box would be good... in theory. (i'd never sign up for one, lol.)
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It doesn't exist to my knowledge... but model projects made from biodegradable plant based plastics would be awesome. Maybe cardboard machine kits?

I can think of lots of things that I would enjoy, but I balk when I consider the resultant clutter and waste. The obvious solution is things that are in some significant way perishable, and biodegradable. Foodstuffs are an easy match, but boring.

Toiletries might work out though. I hate having to remember things like trash can liners, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes and toilet paper, and frequently end up overspending or worse, running out, because they don't dominate my attention until they're a problem.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I have a Google keep grocery checklist for essential items that I usually glance at before I go to the grocery store. It's easy to uncheck all items and then quickly check off all the things I don't currently need. I find that electronic checklists in general are very good for keeping track of both routine chores (night before work prep, grocery lists) and less frequent events (gift lists, packing lists).

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I have a Google keep grocery checklist for essential items that I usually glance at before I go to the grocery store. It's easy to uncheck all items and then quickly check off all the things I don't currently need. I find that electronic checklists in general are very good for keeping track of both routine chores (night before work prep, grocery lists) and less frequent events (gift lists, packing lists).
    I use old-fashioned pen and paper, but sometimes forget the list. I'm not keen on the idea of feeding even more personal data to Google/Amazon or whomever breaches their security. But I appreciate the neighborly tip nonetheless.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Lemme see, new each month...

1 6pk beer
    1 bottle of hard alcohol
    1 pkg beef jerky/dried meat
    2 cuts of fresh meet
    1-2 lbs of fresh sausage
    1 lbs nuts or dried fruit
    1-3 jars/containers of dried spices or mustard
    1 recent moderate to big budget blu-ray disc
    1 indie/foreign/doc bd or dvd
    1 pre-1980 bd or dvd
    1 music cd
    1 spiritual devotional/biblical commentary book
    2 games tix*
    1/2-1 lb package of cheese

EDIT: I just got done making my lunch and realized i forgot cheese! Also decided a new and exciting bottle of hooch would build up my cabinet nicely.

*-I don't know how/what I could work in sports wise?? Maybe two tickets to the best sports matchup of the month. On the one hand I wouldn't mind a glass or cup with some new team each month. Colleges may work better as I wouldn't feel like I'd be betraying my allegiances like I do whenever I pull out a cup I got at a dodgers or angels game but I still like to get those as actual souvenirs when I visit a new stadium or venue. Yeah, so better go with two tix
    Last edited by Spartan26; 11-13-2018 at 05:20 AM.