Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    So much for my dream of a Big Lebowski sequel.
    Honestly, after how whack the first movie was, it's probably par for course just to have them talking to PSH's casket in any relevant scenes.

Adapt, ya know...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charde View Post
    Honestly, after how whack the first movie was, it's probably par for course just to have them talking to PSH's casket in any relevant scenes.

Adapt, ya know...
    Aw, c'mon! The whole movie worth sitting through just for these two scenes alone.

Type
    INTP
    My only comment is that when I saw Hoffman Dies on the TV news I thought it was Dustin. Nobody here who is pro-drugs, which let's face it many of you are, should mourn this poor chap's passing.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
    My only comment is that when I saw Hoffman Dies on the TV news I thought it was Dustin. Nobody here who is pro-drugs, which let's face it many of you are, should mourn this poor chap's passing.
    srsly? I'm pro-driving, but that doesn't mean people should drive ineptly or at excess speeds to the point of death, and I mourn people who die on the road.

(And, as a side note, I wouldn't call myself pro-drugs either. *shrug*)

Hoffman already stated in various interviews that he couldn't handle being around drugs or booze because the temptation was too great, which makes him a high-risk addict. He stayed clean 23 years, but he went into detox last year and apparently couldn't quite get back on the wagon.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's in seriously poor taste to troll on this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    Intp
    Goober, addictions run in my family and yes I did still love and mourn one very very close to me who died young. Do you really think people are "bad" who are addicts or that we don't value them for what they truly are? Snap out of it. I am still mourning my loved one and feel life is a credit to him that I understand so much that other people don't. He was a total virtuous man but still addictive. We aren't any one of us perfect, dodo head. I thought you were old and had grown up.

This guy was a brilliant man and a true sweetheart and an actor, dramatist, thespian of the dramatic acting type. That in itself means tons to me as did his valuing of his kids and partner so much. He did not want to go out like this. He didn't. We don't always have control of how we lose in life.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    You should be an evangelist, nonperson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    It's in seriously poor taste to troll on this subject.
    I can't see where I did that. A poor chap dies because somebody sold him illegal drugs; the outcome would have been the same if the drugs had been legal. Not a laughing matter. But I am not pro-heroin.

Type
    INTP
    I think you can still morn his passing, albeit with a nod to the self inflicted nature of it. You can be pro-private vehicle ownership and still mourn people who die in traffic accidents.

I'd never heard of this guy, although after reviewing his filmography I've can say I have seen a couple of the movies he was in. As such, he fails the monkeysphere test and I am not mourning his passing myself. But if you liked him, mourn away.