Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: has anyone lost weight just by walking/treadmill?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    No, I didn't lose weight by walking/treadmill. I did lose 28 pounds by eating a high protein, low-carb diet (1200 calories a day) and doing cardio for 60 minutes 5 times a week, plus sit ups. I lost about ten pounds a month.

Now I do 30 mins - 15 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of weights - 3 times a week as I oscillate between eating anything I like and eating healthy for weeks in a row. If I do not eat healthy at least intermittently, my tendency is to gain weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The thing about exercise for me, especially intense exercise, is that as I do it I feel good even though it is exhausting. So naturally I want to do it more.
    I often feel better after a good workout at the gym but damn if it isn't a chore for me to go back. I was better at forcing myself to go but there have been times of late where I've only gone once a week. It's not like I haven't been legit busy but in the past I'd generally drop something off the schedule or workload to get at least two trips in, which really isn't enough but now I'll reason with myself that if I go and come back wore out, content though I may feel, I won't be able to get much else done after that. So, hypothetically, if I have three things to get done in one evening, I've been more naturally inclined to do the two and miss the gym, as opposed to doing the gym, which may require the least amount of my time but then not risk making a dent on completing the other two. In reality, I prolly just need to pick up the pace and attempt to get all three things done. Or try and let what's undone of the others be what misses out.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    No, I didn't lose weight by walking/treadmill. I did lose 28 pounds by eating a high protein, low-carb diet (1200 calories a day) and doing cardio for 60 minutes 5 times a week, plus sit ups. I lost about ten pounds a month.

Now I do 30 mins - 15 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of weights - 3 times a week as I oscillate between eating anything I like and eating healthy for weeks in a row. If I do not eat healthy at least intermittently, my tendency is to gain weight.
    What do you look like now? What supplements do you take? Did the approach cause muscle loss? Do you have any nutrient deficiencies? Have you ever looked into iodine protocol? Progesterone dramatically declines in women during their 30s and can result in symptoms of estrogen dominance. Or has tendency toward weight gain always been an issue?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    What do you look like now? What supplements do you take? Did the approach cause muscle loss? Do you have any nutrient deficiencies? Have you ever looked into iodine protocol? Progesterone dramatically declines in women during their 30s and can result in symptoms of estrogen dominance. Or has tendency toward weight gain always been an issue?
    I'm 130 pounds at 5 ft. 6 I only go below that in the summer. The weight gain was more than ten years ago and it was for a short but catastrophic period of time (120 to 148 pounds and back). xD I don't know if I lost muscle, I just wanted to lose the weight which was almost all gained in the period of a year.

I take cysteine and methionine. I don't really have important deficiencies that I can think of. I never had a tendency to gain weight in general, but my metabolism has slowed down by now so I can't eat whatever I want and get away with it for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I'm 130 pounds at 5 ft. 6 I only go below that in the summer. The weight gain was more than ten years ago and it was for a short but catastrophic period of time (120 to 148 pounds and back). xD I don't know if I lost muscle, I just wanted to lose the weight which was almost all gained in the period of a year.

I take cysteine and methionine. I don't really have important deficiencies that I can think of. I never had a tendency to gain weight in general, but my metabolism has slowed down by now so I can't eat whatever I want and get away with it for long.
    See iodine protocol..

Type
    INTp
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    I often feel better after a good workout at the gym but damn if it isn't a chore for me to go back...
    I hear ya. I must run, swim and/or do some cardio for some time to get there (several weeks)...and then I'm back on the wagon and wanting to hang on.
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.