Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: If you could study or go to school for anything

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    i came here to see if anybody said architecture, but nobody did.

i have no idea what this program is like, but it's free and they're accepting applications now.

if i wasn't artistic (or if i wasn't that primarily) i could see myself studying art history to the phd level. every art history phd i've met seems to have the most interesting life, and they seem so well connected. i also excel in art history classes... but i hate test-taking and essays, so fuck that.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    i came here to see if anybody said architecture, but nobody did.
    Not even current architecture students will say architecture.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Not even current architecture students will say architecture.
    yeah, i don't think i'd want to go through a conventional architecture program...
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    if money wasn't an issue and you could live forever (or just have all the time in the world), what subjects/interests would you study or go to school for?

is this a big fantasy of yours, or not?

edit: i know this topic is probably really depressing and sad. sorry.
    Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you would do if you had a million dollars and didn't have to work. And invariably, whatever you'd say, that was supposed to be your career. So if you wanted to fix old cars, then you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.

Samir Nagheenanajar: So what did you say?

Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.

Michael Bolton: No, you're working at Initech 'cause that question is bullshit to begin with. If that quiz worked, there would be no janitors, because no one would clean shit up if they had a million dollars.

Samir Nagheenanajar: You know what I would do if I had a million dollars? I would invest half of it in mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Sadulach who works in Securities.

Michael Bolton: Samir. Samir, you're missing the point. The point of the exercise is that you're supposed to figure out what you would want to do . . . (reads the printer's display). PC load letter?!! What the fuck does that mean?!!

Type
    INTP
    I'd study architecture...but only if I could skip the boring parts. I'd do structural engineering, too...just to be the whole package: Architect, engineer, and carpenter...then I could just design one amazing project, and do it for the rest of my working days...I'd design it so that it'd be continually interesting, and just challenging enough for me...and also an epic masterpiece to last the ages.

...I guess I probably have to learn how to finance mega projects with other peoples' money, too...but I'm willing to outsource that part.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    I have no idea what I would study. I had the same problem when I was actually in school. I just had to pick something.

Sometimes I think maybe I should have studied accounting or something. Not because I find it all that interesting, but because there would be more jobs available.

Type
    ISFP
    I would study fine arts, motion graphics or anything related to visual art, I mean I already know on an average level 3dsmax, AutoCAD, by 2 years I was studying architecture. Then on my own I've learnt about after effects, Photoshop and illustrator. But there are too many software and so little time to master them all and come up with crazy things.
    Not only crazy but also pleasant to the world view.
    So for me it would be cool to course it officially and get some title.
    Also I would study music production, in studio level. I already know enough to produce my own music but I would like to see how an actual studio works and analog recordings and setting everything like a pro.
    I also liked history, but YouTube and wikipedia are good professors.

It is easy to learn stuff but it takes time to blend the uniqueness from learning on your own to the standard so people won't notice the difference.

Type
    INTP
    my greatest frustration academically was not being able to learn programming and not being able to continue on becoming a neurologist (i graduated from a medical course) i needed these two to do what i always wanted: develop self-aware AIs.
    so if given the chance to study again, i'd study these two.