Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INTP on resume

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    That's depressing. I actually bust my ass on my job and yet I'm underpaid.

Some of that graph makes sense although I'm surprised with the ESFJs making so much. I'm wondering if it's not squeaky wheel/bellyaching getting paid for doing nothing. I've had this long internal battle over "deserving." I'm assuming most of the histrionic work martyrs I've known over the years have been ESFJs. They're throw out paper plates after an office bday celebration and think they should be compensated for custodial services. I can see how we'd be comfortable with whatever. I could see us having problems staying employed at one spot, but I would've figured us to be smack dab in the middle. A buncha operational mgrs or directors, who if promoted to VP status would be kinda set doing outpost work no one else wants because it's not too glamorous but staying employed there a log time because of overall efficiency. With that comes the annual bump up in pay. Not CEO money but not exploited manual labor wages either. Where are the SPs on this list? Could they be the only ones trailing us??
    From the source: https://www.truity.com/sites/default...ementStudy.pdf

Note that these graphs do not include SP types; these types were not present in sufficient numbers to analyze the data separately by gender.
    If you look on page 7, they have the genders combined and they have 2 bars for SP types. ISPs and ESPs. The ISPs are the only ones who do worse than us.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Type
    INTP
    I wouldn't list it.. anytime I'm called into the office to address performance, as the negatives they just list of INTP traits - Tardy, absent minded, unsociable, and shy's away from responsibility...

I'm usually only kept on because when I "want" to be competent, I am; though they constantly go on about "untapped potential".

ZzzzZZZzzzz
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    I guess it depends how someone interprets the description. Some of the responses here seem a little negative (I know what you mean though). Of course there are heaps of advantages to supposedly fitting the intp thing. How likely is it that the people hiring you would interpret it that way and value those positive things? Also, what does it say about you that you have devoted significant time to personality theory? Personally, I'd leave it out. Not many strong feelings against, particularly. If possible, I'd have things on the resume match up to the positive aspects of the intp personality, so that it implicitly spells it out.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    i wouldn’t cuz mbti isn’t taken very seriously for good reason.

i’ve also put in a lot of work to be more well-rounded and that would emphasize some of my more negative traits, like loner-ism in the workplace.

there’s plenty of extras about me i could include, but i don’t like telling people who i am for the most part. job isn’t my life. let that stuff happen organically
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INFP
    Any employer concerned about your personality type is likely to have you take their own test and disregard what you think beforehand.

I took three of these tests, quite similar to one another, before my most recent employment. They're a collection of various multiple choice theoretical questions, spatial puzzles and logic/math problems. Typically you'll be told there is no end to the test (two of the three I took were continuous) and given a time limit that determines when you stop.

There are even companies that specialize in administering these tests behind their more touchy-feely veneers of "employee behavioral assistance" for all the conspiracy theorists out there. (I interviewed at one.)

Be happy if you're never asked to take this kind of test, it's almost exactly a soft Voight-Kampff test ala Bladerunner. After the third time I encountered the test I resolved to not apply to another company that asked for its completion in any part of an interview phase.

Type
    xxxx
    Most people don't know what their own MBTI is. Muchless the nuances of INTP.

It's just extraneous shit to them. Noise.

Resumes should be about the interviewer. It's an ad. You paint the picture the interviewer wants to see.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta View Post
    Well that's just stupid. Instead of having a valuable reference who could have helped you land a higher paying job you nuked the relationship from orbit.
    Oh, I have the references, and cant get much higher paid in my career field :-D What I lack in "personality" I MORE than compensate for in knowledge. Im not always a grump and having the ability to really read people has gone a long way. Just took a bit longer to get here than normal :-D

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by hubieg View Post
    Oh, I have the references, and cant get much higher paid in my career field :-D What I lack in "personality" I MORE than compensate for in knowledge. Im not always a grump and having the ability to really read people has gone a long way. Just took a bit longer to get here than normal :-D
    You use a lot of smilies for somebody who's supposed to be old
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    You use a lot of smilies for somebody who's supposed to be old
    I just like how it allows me to make liberal use of punctuation ;-P