Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mattresses, pillows, beds, and sleep positions.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    God, I wish I was you.
    I’ve been incredibly lucky and take my good health for granted.

Also, three words for you—Get the epidural. Otherwise you’ll want to punch me in the cooch when you hear how painless childbirth can be if you use the magic of science.

Type
    INTP
    I sleep on a queen. Her kingdom was overthrown so she exiled in the US and gets paid for odd jobs under the table to avoid INS. I've actually had it for wow, 20 yrs, that can't be right. I remember one place I lived in college where I didn't have a bed but used a foam chair that folded out into bed. That was the first time really experiencing back pain so I went to a department store, filled out a credit ap and got a decent queen sized bed. They said it'd last for 15 yrs. I feel like I've purchased another bed but can't remember when. I can sometimes feel my indentations so it's time to get another but not condition critical so I doubt I'll get another one this year.

I'm really not too finicky about mattresses. When I go home I sleep on a full sized bed. At first i thought it was too hard. It's not my favorite but I'm used to it now and for a week or two at a time it's not so bad. I don't need much room but I'll get another queen sized bed.

I had a buckwheat pillow and it was good at first. Mine made a lot of noise. I liked how it kept my head aligned and stationary but the rustling sound it made was annoying. I also didn't care for it in the winter cuz it seemed to be very cold. If the noise didn't startle me awake then the dousing with cold water effect would. I got somewhat used to it cuz I know I had it for a little while. I would've dumped it if I was constantly waking up. I do get headaches and a stiff neck all the time and I believed it helped. I can't remember how long it lasted but there was a time when it lost its effectiveness. Sorta like a bean bag chair that no longer supports you. I got a regular pillow and it was tough at first cuz it wouldn't hold my head as high up. I think I got another set and propped them up, not completely on top of the other but slightly elevated. This worked great but after a while those pillows got a bit flat as well. But then I had an extra set to use those outer throw covers that come in the bag of bedding that I otherwise never seemed to use.

I now have contour pillows and I'm happy. I prefer to sleep on my side and that was tough at first cuz this are designed for you to sleep on your back. I can fall asleep on my back but find I wake up more in the middle of the night when I do this. Now I can sleep on my side with them and it doesn't feel funny or uncomfortable. These are several years old. I've been thinking about getting new ones as again they have been slightly squished down over time and not as firm or hold my head up as much as I'd prefer.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I’ve been incredibly lucky and take my good health for granted.

Also, three words for you—Get the epidural. Otherwise you’ll want to punch me in the cooch when you hear how painless childbirth can be if you use the magic of science.
    Heard!

Last few days now, before she needs to be enticed out...
    Oh lordy.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Can you microwave a buckwheat pillow to warm it up?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Can you microwave a buckwheat pillow to warm it up?
    I don't remember any notice on the packaging. I didn't think about it at the time. It'd fit but you'd still have to stuff or fold part of it to go in most microwaves. I used to go to an acupuncture and massage clinic and they'd start by putting a warm small pillow on the back of my neck. I don't know what it was made up but most likely buckwheat. I'm sure they were nuking them all the time. So likely yes to your question.