Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interviews Are For Suckers

Type
    INTP

Interviews Are For Suckers

Ways to failrock an interview:

1. Don't show up

(Now edited for accuracy)
    Last edited by Anon; 02-14-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
    Ways to fail an interview:

1. Don't show up
    You could send them a follow-up letter that says, "I believe that silence is more powerful than words, which is why I did not attend the interview. Thank you for your tastefully unspoken interest: I would love to work for your organization."

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by chobani View Post
    You could send them a follow-up letter that says, "I believe that silence is more powerful than words, which is why I did not attend the interview. Thank you for your tastefully unspoken interest: I would love to work for your organization."

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
    Ways to fail an interview:

1. Don't show up
    We ended up rescheduling the interview for the 30th. This morning, I got a letter of acceptance from the guy, thanking me for talking earlier this week and offering me a contract. Uhhhhh alright? It's probably a form letter, and maybe he fucked up, but maybe not. They pay fairly well so I went ahead and accepted. Now I'm kicking myself though because I asked if we're still talking on the 30th. I shouldn't have said anything and just pretended like we totally talked "earlier this week".

Type
    INTP
    You need to keep us up to date on this situation. I'm really interested to see how it unfolds.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    You need to keep us up to date on this situation. I'm really interested to see how it unfolds.
    I will. I'm very excited about going to an environment where things like failing to show up to a scheduled interview are accepted as no big deal, and then the interviewers send unexplained letters of acceptance before the interview. It's like, I can be the most unreliable that I've ever been, and I'll still be more reliable than necessary.

Type
    INTP
    Did their offer letter have an actual salary and everything? I'm guessing the HR guy is an idiot and sent you the wrong form letter. Or he confused you with another candidate, which is more likely. I think my old company did that with one of my friends. When they hired her, they told everyone she had all kinds of experience. When she got here, she didn't know why everyone thought that because she had just graduated college with a degree that was only marginally related to what we did there. It was kind of funny. But if you're the guy who made such an epic hiring mistake, the best you can do is pretend you didn't. So they may just roll with it. She ended up working there for seven years so I guess it wasn't such a big deal.

Type
    INTP
    Did their offer letter have an actual salary and everything? I'm guessing the HR guy is an idiot and sent you the wrong form letter. Or he confused you with another candidate, which is more likely. I think my old company did that with one of my friends. When they hired her, they told everyone she had all kinds of experience. When she got here, she didn't know why everyone thought that because she had just graduated college with a degree that was only marginally related to what we did there. It was kind of funny. But if you're the guy who made such an epic hiring mistake, the best you can do is pretend you didn't. So they may just roll with it. She ended up working there for seven years so I guess it wasn't such a big deal.
    No, that's the weird thing. It was a very generic letter. Their contract terms are stated on their website, and the lowest salary is one that I'd accept, so I'm not too worried about pay, but it's still a bizarre situation and I'm definitely on my toes. I mean, I'm not expecting anything until I actually talk to this guy.

Maybe if I don't get hired for this position, I can take his job.

Type
    INTP
    Well, I got a reply to my email where I thanked him for accepting me. All he said is that we're still on for Thursday. Maybe he had a deadline to make for having accepted candidates, and everyone else was shitty.

Type
    INTP
    Got the job!