Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Shite, Sobriety!

Type
    XXXX

Holy Shite, Sobriety!

Participating in the world at full cognitive capacity is boring as hell. I cleaned my apartment, washed the dishes, went grocery shopping, and read assignments for next week. Maybe I'll hit my punching bag for the next hour, or... I don't know, bang my head against a wall. What do people even do in this state?
    “In a nation of frightened dullards there is a sorry shortage of outlaws, and those few who make the grade are always welcome.” --HST

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Whine about being in this state?

Type
    INTP
    I don't know about anyone else, but most of the time I compose music, work on a programming project or do some other equally creative thing (usually with a computer). When I'm too tired, depressed or uninspired to do so, I play video games or watch Youtube videos.

Power outages are pure evil.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Whine about being in this state?
    Are you fat and unloved? Would a cookie make you feel better. OH WAIT, i don't have any fucking cookies.
    “In a nation of frightened dullards there is a sorry shortage of outlaws, and those few who make the grade are always welcome.” --HST

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    Are you fat and unloved? Would a cookie make you feel better. OH WAIT, i don't have any fucking cookies.
    Having withdrawals from murdering brown people?

Just have a drink man.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexchild View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but most of the time I compose music, work on a programming project or do some other equally creative thing (usually with a computer). When I'm too tired, depressed or uninspired to do so, I play video games or watch Youtube videos.

Power outages are pure evil.
    That doesn't sound atypical considering that on average, Americans spend 3 hours everyday surfing social media. We're that lonely.

It's the most insidious mode of existence there is.

Type
    INTP
    Your body is conditioned to feel good / interested / excited when it's told to by ingested chemicals. Don't ingest any of these kinds of chemicals for long enough, and you'll start feeling good from doing things. I know, it's weird.

An equally valid alternative option.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Why don't you try writing another story or something? Tackle a large creative project. You're good at that stuff.