Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: INTPx/INTPf Trivia Contest 2019

Type
    INxP
    And with the usual ceremonial fireworks gif we mark the end of the INTPx/INTPf Trivia Contest 2019!

Congratulations to the winner lbloom with 245 points!

It was as close to a tie as can be so of course ...

Congratulations to the runner-up Serac with 240 points!

And congrats of course to Penguinhunter, CatGoddess, Hephaestus, Rolling Cattle, ..., for an excellent showing!

And congrats to all who took part!

Spoiler: Final Leaderboard

Final Scores:

Member Forum Score
    lbloom INTPx 245
    Serac INTPf 240
    Penguinhunter INTPx 185
    CatGoddess INTPf 165
    Hephaestus INTPx 145
    Rolling Cattle INTPf 130
    C.J.Woolf INTPx 80
    MoneyJungle INTPx 65
    stigmatica INTPx 40
    Limes INTPx 35
    Blorg
    jawdropper
    Madrigal
    MarkovChain
    Robcore
    INTPx
    INTPf
    INTPx
    INTPx
    INTPx
    scarydoor INTPx 10

This year's trivia contest numbering system (Glagolitic) was brought to you by Old Slavic.
    Old Slavic: for when New Slavic is too understandable.

So yeah, there were some complications with the last question and the chess one and one or two others, but all in all, it was fun hosting!

I hope you all enjoyed the contest!

Type
    INTP
    @Utisz, thanks for putting it together! And for taking some risks with diabolical cleverness.

Thanks @lbloom for being an outstanding anchor for the complex! Without your help we probably would have lost.
    Some days you're the bug; some days you're the feature.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Thank you, Utisz. It was an exceptionally good set of questions. Most enjoyable.

Type
    INFP
    Well done, lbloom! Big thanks, Utisz! You've really outdone yourself this year! Google-proof trivia is a hell of a thing to compile. You seem to have given this place a shot in the arm, which is much appreciated on my part. Please have even more pro wrestling next time so I can earn respect as an intellectual via the leaderboard.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    intp
    Congrats lbloom. And great job with this Utisz, as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INFP
    thnx
    Last edited by Blorg; Yesterday at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelled thnx wrong

Type
    INxP
    Cheers all!

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    @Utisz, thanks for putting it together! And for taking some risks with diabolical cleverness.
    It still surprises me how y'all can get these questions! I may have to dial up the diabolical cleverness a little the next time (not sure there'll be a next time admittedly ).

Thanks @lbloom for being an outstanding anchor for the complex! Without your help we probably would have lost.
    Indeed, impressive stuff! There was some stiff competition from Serac in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by lbloom View Post

Thank you, Utisz. It was an exceptionally good set of questions. Most enjoyable.
    My pleasure!

Also you now inheret the much-coveted throne from Horatio of Trivia Champion. @Ptah (or mod?), any chance of moving Horatio's trivia trophy to lbloom?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Well done, lbloom! Big thanks, Utisz! You've really outdone yourself this year! Google-proof trivia is a hell of a thing to compile. You seem to have given this place a shot in the arm, which is much appreciated on my part. Please have even more pro wrestling next time so I can earn respect as an intellectual via the leaderboard.
    Haha, you got me. I was thinking I needed a sports question in there somewhere and then I saw your avatar and I thought ...

Google-proof trivia is a tricky thing indeed! Try searching for "egg novel 1920s", fffuuuuu.

Last edited by Blorg; Today at 05:10 AM. Reason: spelled thnx wrong

Type
    INTP
    Utisz, your questions were evil, evil, evil. I say that with the greatest respect. Thanks!
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INTP
    I'd like to thank @Utisz for running this, and congratulate @lbloom for winning it!

Type
    INTP
    Thanks for the quiz @Utisz, and for saying my name three times in the mirror about a week before it started.