Thread: Michael Cohen testifies

Type
    INtP

Michael Cohen testifies

Anyone else listening to this?

Type
    INtP
    The Republicans best defense against his testimony isn't anything that contradicts his facts, but rather the fact Cohen is a "liar." Lol, the lies he charged with was protecting the president on Trump tower Moscow project and others that Mueller was able to discredit.

Type
    intp
    Nothing surprising in that testimony, although it IS bananas. But in my experience the general public often gravitates to the biggest douchebag when selecting leaders. Trumps election is just the ultimate reflection of this. My favorite part of the testimony is where Cohen alludes to the fact that Trump was just as surprised as I was that he got elected.

Telling: I convinced my father to remove his Trump stickers from his vehicles after explaining and proving some of Trumps douchebaggery during the campaign. But he STILL voted for Trump and still thinks he's the best President since sliced bread. My dad thinks he's a disgusting person but a great president. I think a lot of voters and supporters think this way.

Personally, I think supporting disgusting people makes one a bit more disgusting as well... as Cohen is apparently realizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Nothing surprising in that testimony, although it IS bananas. But in my experience the general public often gravitates to the biggest douchebag when selecting leaders. Trumps election is just the ultimate reflection of this. My favorite part of the testimony is where Cohen alludes to the fact that Trump was just as surprised as I was that he got elected.

Telling: I convinced my father to remove his Trump stickers from his vehicles after explaining and proving some of Trumps douchebaggery during the campaign. But he STILL voted for Trump and still thinks he's the best President since sliced bread. My dad thinks he's a disgusting person but a great president. I think a lot of voters and supporters think this way.

Personally, I think supporting disgusting people makes one a bit more disgusting as well... as Cohen is apparently realizing.
    I disagree that this is the general trend. I think America has a penchant for being fascinated by douchebags, but want their own bosses or other leaders to be stand-up individuals. I am not sure if Trump is an aberration or there is a change in the trend emerging since our political landscape is changing (most notably in my opinion, with hyper-partisanship made even more so by technology/internet, a discussion which could be its own entire discussion).

Cohen didn't say much that wasn't already known by people who follow the news.

My grandparents sound like your parents. They hate him as a person but think he is an ok President. The sad thing is he didn't have to do anything to be a "good" President, he just was in there to singlehandedly prevent them from the hellscape that they imagine is a Clinton presidency. It blinds them to the fact that this President has committed more known illegal acts while in office than any in at least my lifetime. This era historically is of more magnitude than Watergate but people gloss over it like it doesn't matter. It does make me concerned for Americans' ability to self-govern.