Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2014 Goals

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

February 2014 Goals

We had a pretty good start to the year. Let's keep it going, shall we?

What would you like to accomplish this month.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Reposting my list from last month:

- register for conference in April, find flight, etc
    - sort through all my clothes and cull stuff I never wear
    - take home copies of pamphlets and posters from work
    - finish a bunch of projects before I start new ones
    - clean out the fridge
    - update and revamp the curricula/handouts etc. for the continuing ed classes I'm teaching this spring
    - go to bank and deposit cheques and rolled change
    - inquire with university re: getting certificate that I completed all the requirements for but was never formally awarded
    - put together documentation for visa application
    - book doctor's appointment
    - get laptop serviced
    - clean up, reorganize files on computer
    - write a bio
    - photograph and document all yarn; identify yarn to be used, sold, traded
    - mail Starbuck's birthday present

Some of these things are partially done but I've got a bunch of work to do.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    So i got my resume together and just received my new passport. Yay! So for february:

- Still have to do damn presentation. Have to give it in february, so not really an option to not do this :P
    - Apply for...lets say...20 or 30 jobs (in london primarily...)?
    - Keep going to the gym to try to recover those achilles and generally get back into being more physical.
    - Stop reading the news again. I was stupid productive when I did this before.

I'm torn on whether to put down writing/programming, as I'm not sure whether to put that off until after I've gotten a new job and subsequently moved.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    My overarching goals for this month are to tie up loose ends. I need to cull, clean and finish things. I also need to have a functional website by the end of the month.

Type
    INTP
    I didn't actually do anything last month except my stopping bad eating habits one I did... even though I ate Cheetos over the weekend. As long as I don't continue to eat things like that I think I'm still good on the eating thing. I could do better, but I guess I'll worry about that later.

The things I didn't do last month:
    - Get back into exercising. Even if it's just one day a week. That's better than no days a week.
    - Do something with the box of my old stuff that my mom made me get out of her house, so it doesn't make a permanent home in my basement. Decide if any of it's worth keeping and get rid of the rest.
    - Come up with some sort of organization system for papers. A large part of my clutter problem is papers that I don't know what to do with. I end up shoving them in boxes so I don't have to look at them. I need a better system.

I really need to do the organization thing, but it's really overwhelming so I keep ignoring it.

I have no motivation at all for exercising. My hobby lately seems to be lying on floor on my back because my neck and shoulder muscles hurt all the time and that seems to help. There's probably stretches or something I could do too. I just can't find the motivation to figure out what I need to do.

I'm having issues with the box of my old stuff. I don't need it. I should get rid of it. It's crappy old stuff that I made when I was a kid, but I remember making it. I need to photograph it or something because the only reason to hold on to this stuff is memories. I'm never going to do anything with it except store it in a box.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    -Review and correct 4 chapters of a Trotsky book
    -Draw one viking picture
    -Clean my apartment
    Last edited by Madrigal; 02-04-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    - register for conference in April, find flight, etc
    - sort through all my clothes and cull stuff I never wear
    - take home copies of pamphlets and posters from work
    - finish a bunch of projects before I start new ones
    - clean out the fridge
    - update and revamp the curricula/handouts etc. for the continuing ed classes I'm teaching this spring
    - go to bank and deposit cheques and rolled change
    - inquire with university re: getting certificate that I completed all the requirements for but was never formally awarded
    - put together documentation for visa application
    - book doctor's appointment
    - get laptop serviced
    - clean up, reorganize files on computer
    - write a bio
    - photograph and document all yarn; identify yarn to be used, sold, traded
    - mail Starbuck's birthday present
    One thing off my list! Yesss! That is, unless I accidentally mailed it to Polemarch instead. That is a possibility.

Making progress on some of the above. I'm going to be working on my class materials this weekend. This weekend I'm also planning on going through a bunch of the boxes I've got left over from two moves ago. It isn't really on this list but it was on my 2014 resolutions list. Some of the stuff would be nice to have, like my coffee grinder. Most of the rest of it is probably stuff I no longer need and should get rid of in some way or other. I need more space and less stuff.

Type
    INTP
    I went over the 2 weeks on the no-gluten thing and didn't really think it made a difference. However, when I started eating it again I got headaches, and when I eat gluten now I feel kind of shitty. I'm not sure where to go with this.

With my house under contract, I think a lot of my February is going to be dictated. So I'm not setting any serious goals for this month except to get more diving in. I also need to review my portfolio.

Type
    INTP
    -Figure out why my 1099-SA hasn't arrived
    -Finish filing taxes once I've taken care of the above
    -Find out why I haven't heard from the institute hiring me about a visa, make sure they aren't trying to get out of it
    -Consolidate the rest of my belongings into stuff I am keeping in storage vs. stuff I'm taking with me on my move
    -Filter down the stuff I'm taking with me to no more than a total of 100lbs worth of check-in luggage
    -Schedule an interview with at least one more institute

Type
    INTP
    Taxes? Pfffft. That's going to be in the April thread.
    Last edited by starla; 02-07-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: grammar.