Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Final Season

Type
    INXj

Game of Thrones Final Season

Obligatory thread

Iím not going to pretend Iím as excited as I was four seasons back. But hey, most of us wants closure!
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INTP

^I feel like this review of season 7 was spot on.

I never had much invested in it in the first place, so I'm looking forward to the last season just to see how they wrap it up and to enjoy some really great acting, even if the plot and characterization fall apart.

I'm glad it's only a few episodes.

Type
    INTJ
    imma watch it from Dubrovnik, I mean King's Landing.

Type
    INTP
    Ok, thoughts...

Spoiler: are we bothering with spoiler tags?

1. Jon and Daenarys still have no chemistry, incest or no incest. The dragons agree with me.

2. I also couldn't care less about Jon's ancestry. I kind of hope this has zero impact on the plot. Daenerys wouldn't give up her crown because she actually *wants* to rule. Why is this even a comparison?

3. Are we pretending that the whole Sansa v Arya deal was actually clever? And Sansa actually did out-Littlefinger Littlefinger? If so, I'm fine with that.

4. I can have this show on in the background while I stitch up ripped seams....I think it's gotten to the point where the only TV shows I can actually watch these days are ones that allow me to multi-task. Just a personal observation.

5. I don't even care about anything else that happened. The only burning question I have is, no but seriously, how are they going to feed all those people?

Not that I expect them to actually answer that question. Good thing this is a short season.

*yawn*

Type
    INTP
    Apparently 8 million people called in sick the morning after the GoT season finale.

What a bunch of fucking muppets.

Tried watching GoT for the first time last week.

Hated everything about it.

Throughout the whole of the first episode, they were speaking using modern day English/American slang.

Like, if they can't make the effort to be mildly convincing in the language department, I'm out.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTJ
    I wasn't impressed with the first episode of this season. The sex scene even seemed gratuitous and contrived.
    Still not a fan of Emilia Clarke's acting, but most others do a great job.
    I hope they eventually wheeled Brandon inside.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Hated everything about it.
    same (GoT in general, not this season specifically). Even the dragons were all wrong. How hard is it to get dragons right?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp

This sure was a slow, uneventful episode for a final season with only six episodes. I feel like they could have condensed everything into maybe 15 minutes with the same result.

Type
    xxxx
    Boycotting to binge.

Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post

This sure was a slow, uneventful episode for a final season with only six episodes. I feel like they could have condensed everything into maybe 15 minutes with the same result.
    Yeah it was all just happy reunions, gapfilling and troop movements. An episode of joyless obligation. It was a secret king story all along and I didn't buy the acting.

Now that they've all been set up at least now they can be knocked down. I want to see all of the characters murdered in a five minute montage and the rest of the series dedicated to the white walkers setting up suburbs and re-enacting medieval sims with zombies. Snoooooozers.