Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's your current intellectual hang up?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    No. I'm full of love, but love causes pain. I love my family, I love this planet and I love the life on it... That why it causes me so much pain, to see the things I love destroyed. Love does not equal inner peace.
    You have mentioned that you have BPD. I have met a few people with BPD and would say that BPD can be characterised as a lack of inner peace. I understand that the pain is real and am not suggesting that it is not or that it can be magically removed using the power of positive thinking.

BPD seems to be a temperament that people are born with. Perhaps finding total inner peace is not realistically achievable for people with BPD. Maybe the best that can be hoped for is a reduction in the lows to make them less intense and of shorter duration. I've seen this happen, so I believe that it is possible.

P.S. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction with you mum and brother. If that is the case, that is great news. I'm keen to hear of any updates.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    You have mentioned that you have BPD. I have met a few people with BPD and would say that BPD can be characterised as a lack of inner peace. I understand that the pain is real and am not suggesting that it is not or that it can be magically removed using the power of positive thinking.

BPD seems to be a temperament that people are born with. Perhaps finding total inner peace is not realistically achievable for people with BPD. Maybe the best that can be hoped for is a reduction in the lows to make them less intense and of shorter duration. I've seen this happen, so I believe that it is possible.

P.S. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction with you mum and brother. If that is the case, that is great news. I'm keen to hear of any updates.
    Everything I've read so far seems to suggest BPD being biological & environmental. I do wonder who I'd be today, if I had lived another life.. But you're right, in that there's rarely any inner peace. I'll be posting to my blog a bit later in the day
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Everything I've read so far seems to suggest BPD being biological & environmental. I do wonder who I'd be today, if I had lived another life.. But you're right, in that there's rarely any inner peace. I'll be posting to my blog a bit later in the day
    I think you should call your next baby Jamiroquai and swaddle him up in a hamas keffiyeh.