Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My job made us do VR empathy training

Type
    INTP
    Both hypotheses make sense, pending context. In this case, it's the context of rokki's employer--assuming she is still employed where I last remember her saying she was employed--and my impression of them--that gives rise to the existence of the second hypothesis in the first place.

YMWV.

See also Who Moved My Cheese?
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Both hypotheses make sense, pending context. In this case, it's the context of rokki's employer--assuming she is still employed where I last remember her saying she was employed--and my impression of them--that gives rise to the existence of the second hypothesis in the first place.

YMWV.

See also Who Moved My Cheese?
    I remember someone on the old forum wrote a massive rant about that book
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I remember someone on the old forum wrote a massive rant about that book
    I fucking hate that book. It's a perfect example of the "employees as kindergartners" management style favored by so many HR departments. The message isn't wrong, but it makes such a big deal out of simplistic common sense thing and drags it out into some huge lesson that's supposed to be some kind of epiphany and gives the boss a perfect allegory for shitting on every legitimate complaint you have. The only appropriate way to respond to an employer using the who moved my cheese training on an entire department is to take the allegory so very far that you render it powerless by making every single thing anyone says and does into a cheesy cheese joke until they beg you to stop.

I play a a couple of jump-scare first person shooters where you are in the dark with a flashlight and a pistol and a dagger surrounded by encroaching monsters where the point is to see how long you can survive before something drags you into the dark and tears you to shreds. I wonder if I'm I being trained to shoot/stab everything that comes toward me in the dark in the face repeatedly.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Type
    INTP

This and adapting zen bullshit to corporate environments are the types of things that used to enrage me when I was working at an office.

HR people are some of the most useless wastes of space on the planet.
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Seems gimmicky to me but I dunno. Just because you are looking out their eyes doesn't mean you have any of their life context really.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post

This and adapting zen bullshit to corporate environments are the types of things that used to enrage me when I was working at an office.

HR people are some of the most useless wastes of space on the planet.
    My evil business magnate fantasy is to eliminate HR jobs
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    For real? This smells like an opportunity. I wonder how many Learning Management Systems currently support VR content ... Actually, you could probably just take a WebGL based VR app (using Unity or A-Frame or whatever), and then just bundle it into a SCORM or AICC package and it should work, barring the need to support IE11.