Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current spiritual musings

Type
    INTP
    The Lobster analogy actually made me put that book down for good, perhaps unfairly. To me it's no surprise that people are animals who are in large part shaped by three billion years of ancestors who had to stay alive and successfully produce offspring.

If there is a spiritual part of being human, to me it's about transcending our nature or at least understanding it enough to not be enslaved by it.

Type
    ISTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Johnson View Post
    Sup man
    Atm... poopin. I'm in Alabama now. Livin' with roommates in a "mansion" down the block from A&M University. Got a DUI and a really bad speeding ticket 15 months ago so I took an 'atus from the complex and dipped out Cali lol (among other things oc). You still bump hip-hop? Listen to this new Em and Logic song. It's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by interprétation ironique View Post
    Atm... poopin. I'm in Alabama now. Livin' with roommates in a "mansion" down the block from A&M University. Got a DUI and a really bad speeding ticket 15 months ago so I took an 'atus from the complex and dipped out Cali lol (among other things oc). You still bump hip-hop? Listen to this new Em and Logic song. It's everywhere.
    The next few days I'm thoroughly educating myself with every video on youtube, everything educational that is. Anything to do with computers, engineering, sound recording, electrical and solar really.

He does touch on the theme of this thread of the advancement of video games through time, and also the theme how there may be a "million worlds" like our own, and perhaps Earth is a constant variable through every period of time, perhaps evolving toward Atlantis.

My interpretation, perhaps an erroneous one of BioShock Infinite, the ending is not to doubt but to believe. Believe in life. If you deny your ego, you deny your life and reality. To accept reality is to accept reason and knowledge, but to take that further means to accept quantum physics, hence the name infinite.

Which is why I appreciated the message of the steps of the path magically appearing before you, reality constructing itself before you, creating it. If you never plan on playing Bioshock infinite, at least watch the ending starting at 4:38 for best effect.

Spoiler: spoiler
    abstractionist