Thread: US-China Trade War

Type
    INTP

US-China Trade War

Is this TELEVISION now?!

Who's watching the debate? Place your bets!

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    xNxx
    fox news is teletubbies for angry white baby boomers

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    fox news is teletubbies for angry white baby boomers
    This clip gives the impression they've cross-bred teletubbies with the Colbert Report the same way they've crossbred Cheetos with concealer, and the result used with the same level of dignified self-restraint.

It almost makes me want to do a parody with talking tubs of make-up. Do a mock-up of their set, use the same voice track, just replace the talking heads with tubs of talking concealer and foundation; maybe a mascara weather girl. The big questions in my mind are, "Would we need/want to paste on googly eyes?" and "would it be too far to glue shells strategically on the mascara's fore and aft?"

I think stop motion would work better than animated mouths drawn on the props, though a mix might work best--I just think stop motion allows better emoting.

I wonder if that could make for a regular YouTube channel... Fresh material to parody arriving daily.

Probably best to migrate to rendered makeup containers for a long term gag--they're pretty simple so it shouldn't take too much of a render farm to make them photorealistic, and stop motion animation style is going to cut down on the render load too...
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INtP
    http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/final.pdf

If you watch fox news, you end up being less informed about current events than if you had watched no news at all.

Detritus, pure and simple.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/final.pdf

If you watch fox news, you end up being less informed about current events than if you had watched no news at all.

Detritus, pure and simple.
    Don't forget to look at all the graphs. Ideological leanings have a non-trivial impact. It was the liberals who watched Fox News who ended up being less informed. The conservatives did better than the combined score* each for Fox News/No News/MSNBC/CNN. They also did substantially worse from watching MSNBC than liberals did from watching Fox News.

I suspect in both cases there were counter-agents involved. People register as opposition party to fuck with primaries, so why wouldn't they pretend to not know shit based on watching opposition biased news sources?

*combined average without regard for liberal/conservative ideological leaning.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Just based on what is seen here, I would put my money on the American if it is a cage match or otherwise a confined arena where she can use her fire ability to its full advantage. But the Chinese woman seems smarter and cooler. They're both kinda lame though, I hope this isn't the main event.