Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: US Visa applicants to submit social media info

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    I think you lack a coherent definition of law enforcement, period.

The rest is simply uniformed, or willfully ignroant hyperbole.

If you honestly think American law enforcement is fascist, you lack any real experience with it, much less an idea of what real fascism looks like. Have you seen what "police" can and will do in other countries through out the world that lack articles of law or even basic human rights?

Lol indeed.
    I haven't provided a definition of "law enforcement", in fact I've provided very little thus far.

"Debating" with you is very tiresome as you just respond to things that haven't been said, time and time again.

The correct response to me previous post should be "Oh, what are you referring to?"... But not in Thoth's world, aye . We're currently discussing the the USA can be deemed or likened to a fascist state.

What have countries with "no rule of law or human rights" got to do with it?

There was rule of law and human rights in Nazi Germany, yet they that was still a fascist state.

And the "rest" of what is uniformed? I've only made a couple of statements, which statements are "uniformed"?

You're just posting to be contrary without actually thinking about the substance of your posts.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    The "demand" is only for legal purposes. They will look through our social media presence with or without premission.
    Right. All of our internet communications are monitored so our offline and online identities are already matched.

People are willing to accept and even demand this sort of monitoring and matching for people deemed likely to commit acts of terrorism. The West is just moving closer to an open police state where everyone is constantly monitored and subject to restrictions or punishments for any little thing they say or do.
    Last edited by Guess Who; 06-10-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    The correct response to me previous post should be "Oh, what are you referring to?"... But not in Thoth's world, aye . We're currently discussing the the USA can be deemed or likened to a fascist state.

There was rule of law and human rights in Nazi Germany, yet they that was still a fascist state.

And the "rest" of what is uniformed? I've only made a couple of statements, which statements are "uniformed"?

You're just posting to be contrary without actually thinking about the substance of your posts.
    You are attempting Guess Who's tactic of moving goal posts and shifting arguments to protect your own weak, unsubstantiated and hyperbolic replies.

We will review with your initial statement:

American police forces were modelled on Nazi German police forces. You actually absorbed a great deal of Nazis and Nazi projects... I'm on mobile, but we can pick this up again in future with evidence of you like.
    The intent here seems pretty clear to me. "American police forces were modelled on Nazi German police forces."

If it's misread, perhaps you should have added substance to your "intellectual" assessment. Thankfully you admit such with your opening:

I haven't provided a definition of "law enforcement", in fact I've provided very little thus far.
    This is true, you provide absolute nothing to substantiate your claim, nothing at all. A series of baseless deflections does not qualify as any support to the statement "American police forces were modelled on Nazi German police forces."

It is not my job to ask you to provide information to an argument, it is your job to provide information when you make the argument.

I've only made a couple of statements, which statements are "uniformed"?
    Would that be anything like earlier in the thread when you used articles about tourists being declined as an argument for immigration policies?

I chose to focus on one fact: American law enforcement looks nothing like Nazi German qua: fascism, in uniform or action, especially compared to places where few human rights exist. To say such is ignorant hyperbole.

This is wonderful advice you should take to heart before posting again.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    You are attempting Guess Who's tactic of moving goal posts and shifting arguments to protect your own weak, unsubstantiated and hyperbolic replies.

We will review with your initial statement:

The intent here seems pretty clear to me. "American police forces were modelled on Nazi German police forces."

If it's misread, perhaps you should have added substance to your "intellectual" assessment. Thankfully you admit such with your opening:

This is true, you provide absolute nothing to substantiate your claim, nothing at all. A series of baseless deflections does not qualify as any support to the statement "American police forces were modelled on Nazi German police forces."

It is not my job to ask you to provide information to an argument, it is your job to provide information when you make the argument.

Would that be anything like earlier in the thread when you used articles about tourists being declined as an argument for immigration policies?

I chose to focus on one fact: American law enforcement looks nothing like Nazi German qua: fascism, in uniform or action, especially compared to places where few human rights exist. To say such is ignorant hyperbole.

This is wonderful advice you should take to heart before posting again.
    Oh yeah, blame me because you're reactionary and insert words into posts that didn't exist (Uniform)... I already said that I was on mobile and I'd pick up what I meant in future.

How juvenile have you got to be to think that I am talking about Uniforms, when I say "American police forces were modelled after Nazi police forces".

I was of course referring to structure, tactics & policy. The reaso I'm waiting to get to laptop to demonstrate such, is because I don't have the relevant data to hand right now, but I've seen it before, so I'll attempt to retrieve it... These things are buried, you know.

I haven't moved any goal posts.

You're calling my assertions "weak" like I already didn't highlight that I didn't say much.

I'm not trying to deflect anything, I'm just commenting on your habit of replying to things that haven't been said.

Neither did I say anything was your job, I'm just highlighting that this conversation would be much smoother if you asked for clarification, rather than start going off on some irrelevant tangent.

Quite simply, me offering the article about the tourists (being denied entry) was to illustrate that things (such as the authorities reading your Social media posts) can easily be interpretated wrong.

I feel like I wouldn't be having this conversation with any of the logical thinkers here.

And you haven't even answered all of my questions, so who's deflecting now?

Me:

There was rule of law and human rights in Nazi Germany, yet that was still a fascist state.

Quoting Thoth: in regards to what statements of mine are unsubstantiated:

So my statements that are "unsubstantiated/ill Informed" aren't actually statements at all. You are referring to a posted article, the purpose of which (illustration) I have just explained.

So come on Einstein, what statements (actual) statements of mine are "ill Informed"?

Here's some reading that is readily available to you:
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02...-fourth-reich/

^^^ must read as it's pretty much my whole point.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Paul...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by Sinny; 06-12-2019 at 12:45 AM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)