Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Food Questionnaire

Type
    INTP
    I actually have a good dexterity, but come on... The peas always fall off unless you sweep them very quickly into your mouth.

I've found mash potato & mayonnaise help to pick em up, without having to worry about them falling off
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Mashed potatoes are a delicious butter delivery system. It's like popcorn but you don't have to pick your teeth after.

I'm astounded how many people in this thread seem to be unaware there are freshwater fish.
    Fucking expensive here. I like pickerel.

Mashed potatoes are fine so long as they have some clumps left to them. When they're a watery puree it's gross.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I actually have a good dexterity, but come on... The peas always fall off unless you sweep them very quickly into your mouth.

I've found mash potato & mayonnaise help to pick em up, without having to worry about them falling off
    Reminds me of the old poem:

I eat my peas with honey
    I've done it all my life
    It makes the peas taste funny
    But it keeps them on my knife
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    intp
    What's your favorite meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?
    Dinner for sure. Breakfast and lunch are usually me force feeding myself whatever I figure I need for the day despite little to no appetite. Dinner I'm actually hungry.

Do you have any important food restrictions (vegetarian, celiac, diabetic, allergies, etc.)?
    I've mostly cut out sugars for about the last year (minus fruits) and don't see myself desiring to put them back into my diet anytime soon.

Do you cook? If so, what do you cook best?
    I do. Chili is my best.

Do you ever watch cooking tutorials, look for recipes, or ask for cooking recommendations?
    I typically don't until I want to make something I've not made before, then I'll spend hours obsessing over recipes and tutorials before finally just winging my own version.

How often do you eat out? How often do you order take-out?
    I eat take-out typically once every week or two on a day trip. I much prefer cooking it myself. I do a lot of large batch cooks and freeze 20 or 30 meals from it then eat from the freezer for large periods of time. A good frozen chili bowl can even replace the takeout on a day trip and it comes with its own ice for the ice box.

Do you have a favorite summer food? Winter food?
    Watermelon in the summer. Winter? Not really.

Is there a regional or national cuisine that predominates in your diet?
    Not really.

Do you eat dessert? If so, what's your favorite?
    Never been much of a dessert person. By the time I finish my meal I'm full and eating a dessert seems more like a torture than a delight.

What's your go-to comfort food?
    Goat cheese with fresh diced dill and crushed walnuts mixed in. I make a large batch every other week or so.

What's the best pizza flavor you could order/make?
    Something with spinach, pesto and greek olives.

What's the best way to eat eggs?
    Hard boiled

What do you need to have in a real barbeque?
    fire, smoke and meat?

What the best way to eat fish?
    If it's the right kind of fish, grilled and blackened with some cajun spice.

What's your favorite wine, if any?
    Red and not sweet?

What's your favorite type of juice?
    OJ

Tea or coffee?
    Morning coffee and evening decaf tea.

Did you take literally that we have to have x glasses of water per day?
    No, but I typically at least triple it without even trying. I'm addicted to having water to drink.

If you had to choose only one vegetable to keep in your diet, which would it be?
    Kale

If you had to choose only one fruit to keep in your diet, which would it be?
    Bananas.

Which is the spice you most use in your cooking?
    Cumin (was surprised to see so many people are like this)

Do you like hot sauces? If so, which is your favorite?
    Yes, but no favorite. I like variety.

For snacks, and on average: sweet or savory?
    Savory

What's the worst thing a guest could do if you invited them over for dinner?
    I'll go with the Spirit of the question: Act like a 2 year old brat complaining that they don't like "food category" and refuse to eat.

Are there any food choices you get judgemental about?
    Plenty that I think of as bad choices, but I don't really judge. Or maybe I do? I mean, I don't care what everyone else eats, but I'll think it's a bad choice when it is?

On that note, are you one of those people that don't eat normal things, like onion, garlic, tomato, cheese, "white sauces", raisins, olives, mustard, or wine inside your food? If so, what is the matter with you?
    Outside avoiding sugary stuff, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INTP
    @stigmatica what are your go to bulk cooking recipes? Share all your secrets. That sounds like the kind of efficiency I'd be down for.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    @stigmatica what are your go to bulk cooking recipes? Share all your secrets. That sounds like the kind of efficiency I'd be down for.
    Chili, stew, enchiladas, mass grilled meats with veg. I don't really use recipes per-say (it's different every time), but when I get some time I'll post some vague outlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    I don't really use recipes per-say (it's different every time), but when I get some time I'll post some vague outlines.
    I cook the same way--it's not really random, it's directed intuition based on years of experience. I get this hankering to learn how to make a dish, so I start with research. I like to read at least three different recipes, and maybe watch a couple videos depending on the project. I then look at what I have, and if I can wing it without a store trip, sweet, otherwise I'll make a list and get what I need.

Then I spend anywhere from a couple days to months making the dish over and over with variations, both to refine my technique and explore what I can do and still be making the dish, even if the results are wildly different from each other. Fruit lasagna is very different from meat lasagna, but the mechanics are about the same.

But I almost never cook to recipe. Recipes are just suggestions, which is why it's so handy to have multiple recipes available at all times--so you can work out how the dish is supposed to work. It's like the difference between knowing a formula and knowing a measurement.

Then there are the "inspirations". Oh boy, have I eaten a lot of bad ideas. I've had 'em work out too, or I'd have quit experimenting long ago--but I've made some incredibly disappointing dishes too.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    What's your favorite meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?
    Dinner
    Do you have any important food restrictions (vegetarian, celiac, diabetic, allergies, etc.)?
    No, though avoiding sugar crap
    Do you cook? If so, what do you cook best?
    anything
    Do you ever watch cooking tutorials, look for recipes, or ask for cooking recommendations?
    Often if I want to make something, I’ll research
    How often do you eat out? How often do you order take-out?
    Never
    Do you have a favorite summer food? Winter food?
    No
    Is there a regional or national cuisine that predominates in your diet?
    Italian is popular, or French
    Do you eat dessert? If so, what's your favorite?
    Crème brulee
    Burritos
    What's the best pizza flavor you could order/make?
    spinach mushroom if not sausage pep.
    What's the best way to eat eggs?
    Omelette mushroom cheese cooked on caste iron.
    What do you need to have in a real barbeque?
    Smoked brisquet or rib
    What the best way to eat fish?
    On caste iron with grates, and lemon dill andoulle
    What's your favorite wine, if any?
    Pinot or sauv blanc
    What's your favorite type of juice?
    Pineapple or fresh grapefruit
    Tea or coffee?
    Cold tea primarily with side of espresso
    Did you take literally that we have to have x glasses of water per day?
    No, though I will drink extra tea or beer if needed
    If you had to choose only one vegetable to keep in your diet, which would it be?
    Broccoli (with butter)
    If you had to choose only one fruit to keep in your diet, which would it be?
    Orange
    Which is the spice you most use in your cooking?
    Usually mixed variety, though garlic (I’ll edit later)
    Do you like hot sauces? If so, which is your favorite?
    Chululua
    For snacks, and on average: sweet or savory?
    Savory, though something like tea biscuits otherwise
    What's the worst thing a guest could do if you invited them over for dinner?
    Show up?
    Most mainstream consumerism.
    On that note, are you one of those people that don't eat normal things, like onion, garlic, tomato, cheese, "white sauces", raisins, olives, mustard, or wine inside your food? If so, what is the matter with you?
    I concur

Type
    ISTP
    Watermelon and fried chicken
    Jk

Not per se. I dislike how some women cradle hot drinks and while I'm at it how they stand with there legs crossed. First time I saw it I felt the devilish impulse to shove that woman so they'd fall bewildered onto the ground. It's not only weird posture but it's poor balance. Anyone with a decent physics or martial arts background knows that's a foolish stance. While I'm at it random heavy chested showy pedestrian, wear a bra. No one wants to see you parading your voluptuous tits and abnormal sized nipples doused with synthetic fruity body spray in this irritating heat wave. Get away! I feel like I'm gonna contract an STD or something. Gross! *dry heaves*

Also, what happened to decent printed soft core? It's all cheap nastiness now. Cover photos of sluts spread eagle shoving cunt corks in all there orifices. Today it's all about your milfs and gilfs and trilfs and lots of adapose tissue and silicone. Gross! Leave something to the imagination for godsake.

I miss the good old days where women had b-c cups in modest one piece bathing suits and flawless skin. Great ass, sexy smile. Now I can admire that. *pistol wink*
    Last edited by interprétation ironique; 06-13-2019 at 05:12 AM.