Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-binary people

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Sure, it does exist, but it is not something promoted, instinctually or cognitively in nature outside human beings.
    I don't know what you mean by "promoted, instinctually or cognitively", but here's a mainstream science article on how weird gender is in parts of the animal kingdom:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...als-180969481/

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Let's be fair here, yes, the marketable spin on intersex is 1 in 1500 humans, but the percentage in total population is about 1.7 percent according to studies. This is why I say intersex behaviors are a social construct, not a biological one. Less than two percent is a shaky basis for the biological claim even though in 1.7 percent of cases it could be valid.

There seems to be a lot more than 1.7 percent of people suddenly revealing themselves to be beautiful unicorns, which leads me to suspect most are not legitimately intersexual over wanting to be special in an era of autocratically enforced social/cultural sensitivity.
    Less than 2 percent with PHYSICAL characteristics. I would postulate that the hormonal/brain grey area is far more significant. And plus, 2 percent of 6 billion is 120 million people.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "promoted, instinctually or cognitively", but here's a mainstream science article on how weird gender is in parts of the animal kingdom:
    Meaning that while you can dig up all the outlier points you want, it's still not a common behavioral practice or group in biology.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Less than 2 percent with PHYSICAL characteristics. I would postulate that the hormonal/brain grey area is far more significant. And plus, 2 percent of 6 billion is 120 million people.
    That fine, and I postulate it's not so significant that it represents an appreciable portion of the population otherwise it would be far more observable over all of nature.

Type
    xNxx
    In nature I’m sure the outliers are just unable to reproduce, so we’ll never know how much mutation happens.

Type
    xNxx
    My further postulate is that yes, "non binary people" may be outliers, but that's exactly how evolutionary mutation works. Zhey might win too, and then all us cis folks will be put in cages.

Type
    INtP
    This is one of many topics that have been weaponized.

If you disagree with anything, then you are a bigot, blah blah.

Type
    xxxx
    I can accept that someone may not feel male or female. Gender may be a social construct. But...

"ey," "em," "eir," "eirs," "eirself","zie," "zim," "zir," "zirs," and "zirself"

yeah fuck this shit. I'm not going to change the english language for you snowflake.