View Poll Results: Are we living in a simulation?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 20.00%
  • No

10 50.00%
  • <#:// secret choice >

6 30.00%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in a "simulation"?

What's the difference, who says there is one

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Great thread that I would like to revisit in a bit. I'd like to zero in with a twist on that quintessential bit of wisdom posed in Sinny's signature:
    I eat French Toast eryday.

Type
    eNtP
    Being geared toward extroverted intuition spontaneously and apparently being driven by, like well trained trail horse...and perhaps other environmental, episodic, psychosocial, quantum collapsing element that I concluded to avoid believing I can comprehend without going too far...through the documentation of events through photographs and other various form of information that was hand written and or typed and was time and place stamped. And was also done when I was in a certain extroverted intuitive state of mind, upon review of this material by what was seemingly random, turned out to be personally prophetic and necessarily disturbing. I had to regroup in the ready-room and take serious reconsideration to my view of spacetime as a whole as well as other various factors contained within such eye floater like framework.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    I think we all instinctually know that physics does not tell a good story of reality, and that something much funnier is going on here.

Type
    eNtP
    Funny, yes.. Strange, undoubtedly. Humbling, unexpectedly but not without knowing I would be once I saw it.
    Last edited by Bking; 02-18-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    I think we all instinctually know that physics does not tell a good story of reality, and that something much funnier is going on here.
    Of course, physics only deals with the physical, and we all experience the metaphysical every day. And the materialist paradigm that says that the metaphysical merely emerges from the physical has been poked full of so many holes that it's looking pretty ragged.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    I don't understand how people can scoff at religion as ridiculousness but swallow physics hook line and sinker. And they're so condescending about it too.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I don't understand how people can scoff at religion as ridiculousness but swallow physics hook line and sinker. And they're so condescending about it too.
    Which religion? There's 3,000 odd to choose from. I personally don't think pastafarianism is ridiculous.

Type
    INTP
    Well, one has facts and stuff like that while the other has a good story. /condescending

Seriously, I don't know how religious people take religion so seriously when it's mostly about where and when you were born. Might as well worship living in North Carolina in the year 2020. /morecondescending

Okay, trying again. Science and religion can coexist as long as religion is purely personal, which isn't really a religion is it? /turnsoutscienceiscondescendingafterall

Type
    INTP
    I know right.

As somebody who's now seen a good dozen "UFOs", I know there's more to physics than what the scientific establishment is willing to share.

Saw it with my own eyes, caught some of it on camera - yet there's a academic conspiracy of silence surrounding the subject.

They want to keep us dumb and in some sort of "they live" "matrix". But call them out on it and you're a mad man. Their plan is working though, just look at all the dumb fucks that make up the masses. Lord knows Brexit has certainly highlighted a large IQ divide between our handlers and the majority of our populace, here in England.

Nicola Tesla told us what the future held, and how the elites wanted to keep us ignorant.
    They silenced him and put him out of business.
    What a great man he was.

I believe some scientists are as dogmatic and closed minded as religious fundamentalists.
    They just don't know it yet.
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!