Thread: People who have worked or work at a gas station

Type
    ISFP

People who have worked or work at a gas station

What's it like and how long were you there

Type
    intp
    I worked at one for about 4 hours when I was 20. It was a trial shift. I was tired and a little hungover. I didn't want the job.

It was fine. Push some buttons. Operate the cash register.

They paid me twice as much to stack boxes in a warehouse. So I did that instead.

Type
    ISFP
    4 fuckin hours . I feel like I'd last less but I fantasize about getting robbed at gunpoint over 50 bucks. Robbers, people hardly carry cash anymore cmon getcha shit together

My friend worked at Arbys for like 40 minutes once

Type
    xNxx
    Graveyard and swing shift at one outside of colorado springs for a summer. It was mostly chill, steal infinite amounts of garbage food and chug beers while stocking the cooler. Smoked weed with my boss, played guitar. This is the 90s however, I'm sure I'd get drone striked for doing that now. Ours was a full service station so we had disgusting showers and truckers sleeping and fucking prostitutes on the lot- "lot lizards" as the truckers would call them. A couple of my fellow employees, one of whom was named Rhino, lived in a van on the lot with his girlfriend Jesse. He listened to a lot of metal. My boss was from the wrong side of the tracks too, he was very into blasting Korn.

The job itself was alright. I had to clean the trash cans while tending to the registers and keeping the coffee filled. Graveyard was easier than swing shift, because swing shift you would get an influx of people going to work which you'd have to power through in the delirium of a long night. I ran a scam there, every time someone would buy a coffee I'd ring it up as a scratch ticket and then scratch it off. Never won too much money. I also would give my friends sweet discounts on food (17 cents for a bag of chips etc.) and call it spillage.

We got robbed for cigarettes once by meth heads and had to listen to some insane tweakers talk about how the wiccans in woodland park were trying to kill their pets via voodoo. Those were the days.

Type
    INTP
    I worked at one way back in my early college years one summer. It was a gas bar/car wash (no convenience store just a few things in the kiosk, manly cigarettes to sell otherwise).

It was fine. Could get hectic during rush hours and such, but otherwise just sit there listening to the radio and go fill a tank every 10 mins or so. Maybe have to add a quart of oil now and again to some old beater.

Some customers would carp if I didn't wash their windows. I generally would but not if the place was super busy. We had overlapping shifts, generally two of us on duty but there were some windows (later or early) when you would have to fly solo.

I never got robbed/held up while I was working, although a had to call the cops a couple of times when people crowbared open some of the car wash coin boxes. That kind of thing happens on occasion but I was never too worried. I would have easily just given over whatever any crooks would have wanted with no fuss so I can't see why they would get nasty.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I would have easily just given over whatever any crooks would have wanted with no fuss so I can't see why they would get nasty.
    I must be getting old because my answer to that is "because they might be high, and underaged".

I wouldn't grab a job that involves me being near a cash register, not worth the risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.