Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARBY'S

Type
    ISFP

ARBY'S

Everybody's always all In-N-Out this, What-A-Burger that.

Chik-fil-a.

Pollo Tropical.

McDoNaLd'S hAs tHe bEsT fRiEs

But what about Arby's?

ARBY'S
    IS
    THE
    SUPREME
    FAST FOOD RESTAURANT

Fucking fight me

Dude..... Not cool man

You know I just quit
    abstractionist

Type
    INtP
    Compulsory video

Type
    eNTP
    Arby's is too expensive to claim supremacy. BK, McD's, Del Taco, and the Bell all plow Arby's under in your ability to walk in with five dollars and walk out with enough food to cover most people's daily caloric requirements. Five dollars in Arby's and you're gonna walk out empty handed because you can't afford sales tax.

If we class 'em by price point ala weight class in bloodsports, they still lose to Carl's Jr all day, every day, but win against Sonic.

In-N-Out reigns supreme within their core discipline: a damn fine burger.

Arby's also falls short in consistency--which is a core value expected of any franchised chain. There are good Arby's, and there are bad Arby's and terrible Arby's, and it's more of a crapshoot than going to a Waffle House at 2am. I've identified two key problem areas in their model that I believe cause them to have such large standard deviation.

The first is that they have the shittiest goddam buns of any major fast food joint. Their buns are limp, borderline unleavened, fake toasted, and have no tolerance at all to oxygen because they either go stale at a glance, or they're just so wretched they start stale and get worse if business is slow for a day. They have the buns of a anorexic Asian who's been in a persistent vegetative state for the last 70 years without the benefit of electrical stimulation to maintain muscle tone. They taste so much like sawdust you could probably use them in place of newspaper to start a fire--and they'd probably work better.

Arby's is great if you're going keto because tossing the bun is an improvement--unless you got their beef and "cheddar", or one of their other bloated messy sandwiches.

The second is that fucking meat slicer. They have to have it, but I know there's a huge variance in how religiously it gets cleaned just based on the smell when you walk into an Arby's. Some places smell alright, and others smell like a can of potted meat made of feet harvested after a 10 mile hike in swamp boots.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I think the problem is the roast beef (their flagship product) is pretty terrible.

I understand Snopes debunked the myth that it was 'liquid meat' but one can understand how the rumor started. I'm not quite sure how they process it, but it just doesn't come across as real roast beef when you are eating it.

But I've heard it's a love it or hate it kind of thing, so we can infer which side crazy pants rokki is on.

Yeah but Curlie fries.

Unless......

You went to Taco Bell after, and ate a Curlie fries in the same bite as a chalupa or even a big mac.

And then a cherry turnover you save for later

Rock is right. What if you ate McDonald's fries with an Arbies Italian.

Or Nacho fries...../head explodes

I AM GOING TO RAISING CAINES TODAY. THE SAUCE!
    abstractionist

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Johnson View Post
    Yeah but Curlie fries.
    Their curly fries are good, but so are other places. They don't have a lock on curly fries.

I usually skip the fries and go for the jalapeno poppers--which is where they do have a leg up on the competition. They have good, run of the mill jalapeno poppers, but they have them a better price than pretty much anywhere else. If you find cheaper, you either cook them yourself, and/or they're some abomination made of minced peppers and cream cheese stretched with something, rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried--if you're lucky. The other option is little deep fried disks of jalapeno, and no cream cheese in sight.

But if you find one of their good places, they sometimes carry a brisket sandwich that is as good as most I've ever gotten from a dedicated BBQ restaurant. Except for the fucking buns. Someone needs to introduce them to good bread--like those soft french rolls any decent banh mi is made on--and a fair number of shit banh mi.

If you really want to blow your mind, DQ has cheese curds--as does A&W, and both places have surprisingly good burgers--not In-N-Out, but good.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Their curly fries are good, but so are other places. They don't have a lock on curly fries.

I usually skip the fries and go for the jalapeno poppers--which is where they do have a leg up on the competition. They have good, run of the mill jalapeno poppers, but they have them a better price than pretty much anywhere else. If you find cheaper, you either cook them yourself, and/or they're some abomination made of minced peppers and cream cheese stretched with something, rolled in bread crumbs and deep fried--if you're lucky. The other option is little deep fried disks of jalapeno, and no cream cheese in sight.

But if you find one of their good places, they sometimes carry a brisket sandwich that is as good as most I've ever gotten from a dedicated BBQ restaurant. Except for the fucking buns. Someone needs to introduce them to good bread--like those soft french rolls any decent banh mi is made on--and a fair number of shit banh mi.

If you really want to blow your mind, DQ has cheese curds--as does A&W, and both places have surprisingly good burgers--not In-N-Out, but good.
    There's an Arbies right next to Raising Caines, the fries there suck. I'm gonna get just the Curlie fries and eat it with my chicken sandwich, a more quality meal and less greasy. I'm sorry but Arbies sandwiches are down there with those BBQ rib sandwiches you get at gas stations. Amazing but pure junk.

I sometimes dip my Subway spicy Italian in Garlic buttery dipping sauce as seen at Pizza Hut, which for some reason doesn't deliver to my location due to a buy out.

I'm gonna eat a Kimchi bowl noodle which goes really good with this:

Spoiler: lil chub
    abstractionist

Type
    INTP
    I've never been to Arby's, and the commercials make it look so damn good, yet I feel like if I try it I'll ultimately leave there feeling like I was catfished by a roast beef sandwich.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Johnson View Post
    There's an Arbies right next to Raising Caines, the fries there suck. I'm gonna get just the Curlie fries and eat it with my chicken sandwich, a more quality meal and less greasy. I'm sorry but Arbies sandwiches are down there with those BBQ rib sandwiches you get at gas stations. Amazing but pure junk.
    No need to apologize. We're more or less in agreement--but I think your local gas stations have better sandwiches than my local gas stations do. That said--truck stop sandwiches can be surprisingly exceptional. There's a truck stop just north of the grapevine on I5 that, well... 15 years ago had the best goddam egg salad sandwich I've ever had. I kept hoping they'd turn out like the one Fry ate in Futurama, but instead they were merely delicious. They were on thick slabs of good bread, a single leaf of non-iceberg lettuce for a little bit of bitter, and a meal's worth of the most perfect rich and fluffy egg salad I've ever tasted.