Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARBY'S

Type
    INTP
    I like the Arby's sauce, and they have this one chicken sandwich I like, but I don't understand why they top the list for some people.

I'm also surprised Wendy's isn't getting more love. They have perfectly crispy fries, great meat to cheese to topping ratio on the burgers, the $1 menu options are incredible, and there's nothing like a frosty when you are in the mood for a frosty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    No need to apologize. We're more or less in agreement--but I think your local gas stations have better sandwiches than my local gas stations do. That said--truck stop sandwiches can be surprisingly exceptional. There's a truck stop just north of the grapevine on I5 that, well... 15 years ago had the best goddam egg salad sandwich I've ever had. I kept hoping they'd turn out like the one Fry ate in Futurama, but instead they were merely delicious. They were on thick slabs of good bread, a single leaf of non-iceberg lettuce for a little bit of bitter, and a meal's worth of the most perfect rich and fluffy egg salad I've ever tasted.
    Twenty years ago the torch 85 on Interstate 85 near Tuscaloosa had the best damn biscuits and gravy. I lived nearby and sometimes went there for breakfast instead of to a proper restaurant. It was a truckstop...kindof a rough place at night. Wonder if they still exist in a world full of Love's and Travel America and whatnot.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I'm also surprised Wendy's isn't getting more love. They have perfectly crispy fries, great meat to cheese to topping ratio on the burgers, the $1 menu options are incredible, and there's nothing like a frosty when you are in the mood for a frosty.
    I'm not a huge fan of Wendy's because their beef is too gristly. It's a consequence of trying to do the In-N-Out never frozen thing at a national level--In-N-Out is restricted in their expansion by limitations of infra-structure. Wendy's is still affected by those concerns, they just went with a lower quality grind--which makes sense for them for that pivot, because the alternative would have been contraction.

That said, frosties and fries are the best. Their chicken cordon bleu sammich is pretty good, and I hear their chili get's a "thumbs up" from the even the most ardently anti-corporate activists.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    That said, frosties and fries are the best. Their chicken cordon bleu sammich is pretty good, and I hear their chili get's a "thumbs up" from the even the most ardently anti-corporate activists.
    For a moment I thought you were making a joke about the time that lady claimed to find a thumb in her Wendy's chili.

That turned out to be a hoax though (if you didn't know already know about it). She lied about finding it in the chili to get money, and the thumb was from her husband's co-worker who lost it in a work accident (somewhere else). Apparently prior to that she won a settlement with El Pollo Loco because she claimed her daughter got sick after eating there, so it was sketchy when she appeared to win the law suit lottery again at different fast food chain.

Type
    eNTP
    For a moment I thought you were making a joke about the time that lady claimed to find a thumb in her Wendy's chili.

That turned out to be a hoax though (if you didn't know already know about it). She lied about finding it in the chili to get money, and the thumb was from her husband's co-worker who lost it in a work accident (somewhere else). Apparently prior to that she won a settlement with El Pollo Loco because she claimed her daughter got sick after eating there, so it was sketchy when she appeared to win the law suit lottery again at different fast food chain.
    I was, and I know.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I was, and I know.
    On a srs note, their chili is only ok but there was a phase in my life there where a wendy's baked potato and chili was a life staple. When you throw some potato into it it's pretty good.

I'm still mourning the loss of their chicken strips from the early 2000s though. No fast food chain has been able to touch the epicness of those chicken strips. Arby's chicken strips have too much breading, they make me feel like I'm biting into a salty brick filled with bland chicken.

Type
    INTP
    My family used to eat at Arby's fairly frequently when I was a kid because of the 5 roast beef sandwiches for $5 deal. The sandwiches were fine but not my favorite. I only eat there now if I'm traveling and that's the best option. I had to eat there earlier this year while traveling. I'm weird about deli meat so I wouldn't eat the roast beef sandwiches now. I got a chicken sandwich. I'm sure it's not the thing most people go to Arby's for, but I wasn't very impressed. The curly fries weren't as good as I remember either.

Arby's makes me moan audibly whether it's good or bad. I don't care what Don Stewart thinks, he's in charge of 9/11 cancer victims and NOT my addiction to greasy salted meat.

Type
    INTP
    On a srs note, their chili is only ok but there was a phase in my life there where a wendy's baked potato and chili was a life staple. When you throw some potato into it it's pretty good.
    Yes and yes.

Also, shout out to Taco Bell's 7 later burrito. It's the only thing I ever get from their menu, but it justifies the franchise IMO.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Yes and yes.

Also, shout out to Taco Bell's 7 later burrito. It's the only thing I ever get from their menu, but it justifies the franchise IMO.
    The Nacho Bell Grande has been the silent anchor which has kept Taco Bell relevant, even as the franchise went through its phase of trying every which way to create new menu items out of the same ingredients of dog food quality ground beef, rice, beans, and cheeses, often with mixed, diarrhea inducing results.

I accidentally ordered some burrito there a few weeks ago which was literally diced potatoes, lettuce, and some spicy, tangy sauce, to which the entire experience left me thinking "Hey, I know it was only 4 quarter + tax, but at least make me feel like I just ate something fit for human consumption and not like a pair of stoners working in the back are having a dueling banjos of sorts of who can throw together the most absurd item without having a customer complain...."