Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sandwich Meat Thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseedesBeauxArts View Post
    I bring my lunches, but I can't think of the last time I packed a sandwich.
    But you are an INTJ and thus probably a borderline workaholic.

Once I could afford it, I never packed my lunch (too lazy despite the potential cost savings), but when I had to pack a lunch, it was almost always a sandwich. Seriously, cook extra and then find tupperware and all that jazz to cart it around in? No chance. Make a sandwich either 2 minutes before bed or 2 minutes before leaving, throw in some other consumables (drink, cookies, fruit, etc) and away.

Questionable quality? Sure. But the pre-planning and cooking effort for non-sandwich lunches? You might as well ask an INTP to fly to the moon.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseedesBeauxArts View Post
    To me it's like having pasta for every lunch--there are many types of pasta, you can do red sauce or something cheesy or all different kinds of pesto, add seafood or veggies or pork or any number of things. You can make it into soup, you can use it to make something like rice pudding. But it's still not the degree of variety that I'd like.

I bring my lunches, but I can't think of the last time I packed a sandwich.

I appreciate the effort to make it relateable, but it still doesn't compute for me. Pasta is such a wide ranging concept--perogies, lasagna, casseroles, salads, real salads with crunchy noodles, wontons, stir fry, soups, and all kinds of different choices for flour and moisture to make an array of tooth and alkalinity/acidity and sweetness/bitterness. I can make light snacks, heavy meals, meaty meals, veggie meals--I can even make desserts!

Take about a cup of rice flour and a cup of all purpose and mix in about a fourth of a cup of a cinnamon and sugar blend. Make noodle dough using either water or egg whites, and then make some long noodles. Form the noodles into a bird's nest and deep fry. Should cook up almost instantly. Place cooked nest in a bowl, use a melon baller to make little eggs from your favorite ice cream, and add them to the nest, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and/or vanilla icing.

It's noodles, but they don't taste like udon or soba. They taste more like a churro.
    Last edited by Hephaestus; 07-29-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I don't understand this concept. Bored of sandwiches? As a type of food? I might get tired of deli meat, or I might get tired of peanut butter if it's all I'm eating for every meal, but tired of sandwiches? There's so much variety. If it's food, there's probably a sandwich version.

We even have ice cream sandwiches.
    I don't know, something about having to eat food covered in bread was unpleasant to me. I'm over it now and will even buy sandwiches from time to time, but I wouldn't eat them as anything but a last resort. It's often something I'd opt for if I'm on the go. I like stuff on toast but I'd rather limit my bread intake to breakfast.
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't know, something about having to eat food covered in bread was unpleasant to me. I'm over it now and will even buy sandwiches from time to time, but I wouldn't eat them as anything but a last resort. It's often something I'd opt for if I'm on the go. I like stuff on toast but I'd rather limit my bread intake to breakfast.
    This I can relate to. If sandwiches were stuffed zucchini, I'd feel the same way about them you do.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    But you are an INTJ and thus probably a borderline workaholic.

Once I could afford it, I never packed my lunch (too lazy despite the potential cost savings), but when I had to pack a lunch, it was almost always a sandwich. Seriously, cook extra and then find tupperware and all that jazz to cart it around in? No chance. Make a sandwich either 2 minutes before bed or 2 minutes before leaving, throw in some other consumables (drink, cookies, fruit, etc) and away.

Questionable quality? Sure. But the pre-planning and cooking effort for non-sandwich lunches? You might as well ask an INTP to fly to the moon.
    Know its not directed to me but I dont mind packing the lunch. It's remembering to bring my Tupperware back and then wash it. There were times Tupperware sat in my car for a few days

Type
    INTP
    This I can relate to. If sandwiches were stuffed zucchini, I'd feel the same way about them you do.
    I would prefer stuffed zucchini.

Don't get me wrong, I like bread. Even on its own, if it's fresh and warm. Just not so crazy about it that I want to use it as the edible container of my daily meals. It's a practical way of holding food together.

Last night I bought the "Cheese please bagel" from Wal Mart. Its a more generic form of the "Better Cheddar" you find at your local grocery deli, but I just now tried to make a sandwich with a cheese bagel and it was top notch.

I added mayo, an additional slice of cheese and just your basic oven roasted turkey. Oh my god....

I just realized I have a to go saucer of Jack Daniels sauce from TGIfridays in the fridge.

I'm gonna make another Cheese Bagel Sandwich, and make a pot of coffee. Trust me on this one.
    abstractionist

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    i don’t believe in sandwiches
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    Anyone else tortured with this when they were kids, or is it just a Canadian thing.

God it mentions the queen, lol.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Anyone else tortured with this when they were kids, or is it just a Canadian thing.

God it mentions the queen, lol.
    I think it's just Canada, heh. We got tortured with a lot of Cat Stevens songs, including singing them as hymns

I've been battling having a Dutch nursery rhyme stuck in my head for a week after stupidly listening to it three times. it's called catootje (don't look for it!). What does the witch say? - it translates to "I will get you" but it sounds like she's saying "say you fuck it, say you fuck it!"
    Sabor original