Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member Psychedelic/Psychotic/Paranormal Experiences

Type
    INTP
    My experiences with psychedelics are mostly exclusive to psilocybin (I've tried MDMA twice, first time was a dud, 2nd time was fine, but I'd consider it a light psychedelic).

I've tripped on dried mushrooms about 15 times in the last year and a half (doses ranging from 2g - 5g). I also tripped maybe about a dozen times in college. I've been tapering off my use though because during my last trip it became clear to me that my brain could use a break from them. I do plan on tripping again in the not so distant future, a 6g trip, but with a weak batch I've already tripped with so I expect it to be about 4-5g feeling.

As far as paranormal experiences on them goes --- I'm agnostic about the experiences I've had. It's impossible to be sure of anything, though it certainly has felt like at times I've communicated with God or an "other". I've also had some amazing personal insights from using them, but I'm getting to a point in my way of thinking where they aren't necessary for those kinds of insights anymore. Though I will say it feels like I mentally age 10 years after each trip (usually in a good way).

I like Jung's take on how our unconscious might be the conduit to which we're able to sense God, and psychedelics definitely show you what's going on unconsciously... whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung
    It is only through the psyche that we can establish that God acts upon us, but we are unable to distinguish whether these actions emanate from God or from the unconscious. We cannot tell whether God and the unconscious are two different entities. Both are border-line concepts for transcendental contents. But empirically it can be established, with a sufficient degree of probability, that there is in the unconscious an archetype of wholeness. Strictly speaking, the God-image does not coincide with the unconscious as such, but with this special content of it, namely the archetype of the Self.

This is certainly not to say that what we call the unconscious is identical with God or is set up in his place. It is simply the medium from which religious experience seems to flow. As to what the further cause of such experience may be, the answer to this lies beyond the range of human knowledge. Knowledge of God is a transcendental problem.

I've also had some psychedelic experiences with certain strains of weed (particularly late at night when my body is winding down), something like you'd experience in the 1.5 - 2g range of mushrooms.
    Last edited by Sloth; 08-08-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sourpatchkid! View Post
    is it messed up that i laughed at that?

how did that happen?

so true. for me it's like an ebb and flow.
    Secretly triple dosed blotter poorly explained by retard hippie burnout

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    You left out what he said after.

Spoiler: And yea, it didst not fit

And with only mild disappointment at being too large, Jesus spake unto her saying,

Do you remember then Jesus.com was owned by some dude trying to get a date?
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    Do you remember then Jesus.com was owned by some dude trying to get a date?
    News to me. Did he get left hanging?
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    News to me. Did he get left hanging?
    He prolly was covered in chics once he sold the domain to a ministry for a grip of fat cash yo
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Tommorow my horoscope says "off hearing a favorite group"

I'm going to an All that Remains concert.....
    abstractionist