Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Psychedelic/Psychotic/Paranormal Experiences

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP

Member Psychedelic / Psychotic / Paranormal Experiences

i always like reading about psychedelic, psychotic, and paranormal experiences; these also often intertwine.

as far as psychedelic experiences, mostly interested in DMT and psilocybin. perhaps the strangest thing i've experienced with psychedelics is a sort of latent telepathic ability. i feel like i can read people's thoughts to some extent, but more so to meld minds/consciousness with them. i believe i've come face-to-face with Gaia the Earth Spirit/Deity and possibly even the Creator/God/god. That God/god had seemingly nothing to do with Jehovah/Yahweh, rather it was more this all-seeing eye that looked straight into my soul.

never had a proper psychotic experience, just the (presumable) hallucinations from when i've gone several days without sleep. members of my immediate family, however, have experienced ghost- and poltergeist-type phenomena in houses that we've cohabited; stuff moving around before their eyes and such.

Type
    INTP
    I had visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations, not while on drugs. (In fact, I don't use drugs.) Anyway, I think all those moments were highly stressful for different reasons. Also, I used to live in a house with a decidedly bad psychic energy to it. Maybe it was the inhabitants themselves (my family), or the fact it was on a dead end street, or it was just that neighborhood, which I hated, or whatever. Some places just seem a little cursed, "ill-born" as they say here.

Quote Originally Posted by sourpatchkid! View Post
    i believe i've come face-to-face with Gaia the Earth Spirit/Deity and possibly even the Creator/God/god
    I did a lucid dream experiment to meet Jesus. Walked around in the desert and ran into a black guy. I saw him as a distraction from my goal, but figured we may as well have sex. Actually he was too big, couldn't fit. Never did see Jesus... unless that was him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

I get faint closed eye visuals every time I'm tired, stressed or high ever since that time I accidentally took a ten strip worth of acid two years ago. The trip never really ends.

The truth is my unconscious was constantly whirring away on stuff like that and now I just have the ability to notice it. The same way I have noticed that basically all of my decision making is made unconsciously and it's just my forebrains job to interpret it.

Type
    INTP
    The part of my life where I did things like this was a long time ago, but frankly mostly of my experiences with psilocybin were underwhelming.

Mostly just gave me an adrenaline rush while making the normal colors of things seem somewhat brighter, little things like that.

I remember thinking that the only reason it was popular was that—at the time, in the place I was living at least—LSD was actually pretty difficult to get your hands on.

When I had opportunities to do LSD it was a much more remarkable experience, with way more powerful sensory and cognitive effects, basically “OK, now this is real shit—now we’re playing varsity.”

I don’t recall regarding any of this as a “spiritual” experience, but I assume that’s because I’m not a religious or “spiritual” person at all, so it’s just not there as background fodder in my mental landscape.

Plenty of the overclocked pattern-recognition effect, of course, which I’m inclined to think must be what other people are usually talking about when they say they perceived supernatural forces at work.

It creates a very strong sense of all the various incidental phenomena you happen to be detecting with your senses at any given moment having a close, intimate causal relationship to each other.

“Everything is connected”, or whatever.

I had no reason in my mental baseline to think I was “seeing God” or whatever, but I recall reading Hegel at some point in college and intuitively thinking of mushroom/acid trips as examples of what stuff like Weltgeist and Zeitgeist meant.

(Uniquely among all other serious works of philosophy I’ve ever read, doing drugs had a general tendency to make Hegel a lot easier to understand. I kinda wonder why that is.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I did a lucid dream experiment to meet Jesus. Walked around in the desert and ran into a black guy. I saw him as a distraction from my goal, but figured we may as well have sex. Actually he was too big, couldn't fit. Never did see Jesus... unless that was him.
    Jesus was totally a black guy, IMO.

will respond in more detail soon, as i'm very into the idea of lucid dreaming myself, though i have never achieved it (not for lack of trying).

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I remember thinking that the only reason it was popular was that—at the time, in the place I was living at least—LSD was actually pretty difficult to get your hands on.

When I had opportunities to do LSD it was a much more remarkable experience, with way more powerful sensory and cognitive effects, basically “OK, now this is real shit—now we’re playing varsity.”
    i don't disagree with what you're saying, but my situation has been the exact opposite: it's been far easier for me to gain access to LSD over magic mushrooms.

you're right, the effects are a lot stronger, but that is precisely what i don't like about it. the nasty, synthetic feel it has to it, something like the difference between coffee and (meth)amphetamine. i don't think people should really be using it at all, unless it's in very low doses; even then, it could easily drive someone with the wrong brain chemistry over the edge.

but this is coming from someone who apparently has a predisposition to schizophrenia or some such mental illness, based on my experiences with LSD and other psychedelics. i would prefer never to do acid again, but if other people say it doesn't affect them that way at all, who am i to judge...

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    I get faint closed eye visuals every time I'm tired, stressed or high ever since that time I accidentally took a ten strip worth of acid two years ago.
    is it messed up that i laughed at that?

how did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    The trip never really ends.
    so true. for me it's like an ebb and flow.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    You left out what he said after.

Spoiler: And yea, it didst not fit

And with only mild disappointment at being too large, Jesus spake unto her saying,

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    Tell your friends about me.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTP
    You left out what he said after.
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I've experimented with LSD (only did a dose once at 4 tabs) and psilocybin (I've grown my own, biggest dose was 7mg) and I'm in no hurry to repeat the experiences. Like Roger Mexico said, it's underwhelming. I've never had any spiritual experiences, although I have had "insight" such as a very intense feeling of being aware of how fractal the universe is, going from the smallest to the largest structures, and how much a part we are of the universe. I suppose that's as spiritual as it gets for a materialist like me. I've also had experiences that I guess I'd describe as ego death, where it feels like "I" am an outside observer that can see myself the same as a stranger would. You know how when you overcook a marshmellow and the outer burnt part peels away? That husk is what the identity feels like in that moment. You can sit there and observe the components.

Those experiences were both on mushrooms, the LSD didn't give me anything but visual hallucinations for the most part. I've never hallucinated conversations or even meetings with other "beings".

I've also never had any paranormal experiences, probably for the same reason. I'd say that I'm a fairly grounded person, when I see something inexplicable, my first thought is that I'm missing something, not that it's actually inexplicable.

Oh, I do have auditory hallucinations when I take ambien after I've been drinking. I'll hear voices coming from sources of white noise, such as a fan.