Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you normally eat for breakfast?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Never heard of overnight oats. I'm going to have to try this for sure.
    It's quick and easy. I also douse it with cinnamon, 'cause why not.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I've been making an effort to have something different for breakfast lately. Not every day but every week or every few weeks. For example, this week I've been eating chocolate muffins and a banana, but last week it was breakfast burritos (also with a banana). Or sometimes a muffin with a cliff bar, or some other such combination. I used to eat a lot of cereal but I feel like the amount of milk I was consuming along with it was bad for me.

I also have coffee every morning that I make myself, drip, along with some milk.

Type
    INFP
    Just coffee. I feel encumbered if I eat something in the morning.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    ISFP
    I don't like oatmeal, eggs, breakfast sausage, most pancakes (they have to be bite-sized), yogurt tastes like pussy, and milk gives me the farts so cereal is out

Bacon is good, and biscuits are acceptable if theyre covered in gravy

Croissants are also good. Kwah-sahhns.

I skip breakfast most of the time

Type
    INTJ
    Starbucks Caffe Verona on drip, it's the best coffee and one of their oldest, used to be called something else when they first started. I'm sure all the talent that formulated it has long since left or retired starbucks.

Cereal. I love cereal. Right now I'm on a Kellogs crunchy nut binge and have three varieties on the go - granola with hazelnuts, regular crunchy not cornflakes and crunchy nut granola with chocolate. I also have chocolate, frosted shreddies for fibre.

If I had an air extractor, I'd probably make a smoked bacon and egg roll, but I generally buy one of those if I head out. It's like a weekend treat on Sunday mornings, bacon and egg roll, toasted with brown sauce. (for non-UK readers, brown sauce is a little similar to A1 sauce, being vinegar based with spice and molasses) - you generally get the option of red or brown everywhere, red being ketchup.
    Sabor original

Type
    ISFP
    Fuck ketchup

Especially for breakfast

Type
    INTP
    Coffee with either almond or soy milk, plus one of the following:
    Overnight oats made with soy milk, pumpkin puree, chia seeds, ground flax, pecans, pumpkin pie spices, and a bit of maple syrup.
    Overnight oats made with soy milk, walnuts, raisins, chia seeds, ground flax, and cinnamon.
    Quinoa with slivered almonds and raisins, with soy milk poured over it like cereal.
    A protein shake with cacao powder, peanut powder, and blackstrap molasses
    A Soy yogurt cup and some fruit if I'm lazy and unprepared
    Or whatever rhinosaur makes for breakfast

Type
    xxxx
    Nope. Just black coffee.

Type
    INTP
    Lunch.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Mostly just various forms of eggs, fruit, and maybe some other stuff. I eat stuff like this:
    - Two hard boiled eggs. Chia seed pudding with berries, nuts, and maybe some coconut flakes
    - Poached eggs over farro or rice with cooked greens, garlic, and a little bit of kraut for the probiotics. Side of fruit.
    - Scrambled eggs (sometimes with cooked greens or mushrooms added, sometimes with a piece of avocado toast). Side of fruit.
    - Huevos rancheros. Side of fruit.
    - Scrambled eggs with bacon, sausage, or hash browns. Side of fruit. (This is more of an occasional breakfast that I have sometimes on a weekend morning.)

Then depending on the season I usually alternate in one of these non-egg breakfasts:
    - Smoothie with various fruit, seeds, protein powder, almond or coconut milk, and sometimes some greens. (For when it's hot out)
    - Oatmeal with berries, nuts, a little bit of honey, protein powder and either some cinnamon or coconut flakes. (For when it's cold out)

I also drink either herbal tea or matcha every morning depending on whether or not I need the caffeine boost.