View Poll Results: Mostly

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 57.89%
  • No

8 42.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anybody here give a shit about MBTI anymore?

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    Ah, so you're a top. As if there were ever any doubt.
    Sometimes I'm a power bottom?

Obviated
    Type
    XXXX
    I've been around a few forums hoping to get a feel for different MBTI types but the problem with MBTI forums is that many of the people in the forum are not the type the forum was set up for

Also lots of people seem to mistype and then change their type after time. This makes it more difficult to get a handle on different types and what makes them tick

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I've been around a few forums hoping to get a feel for different MBTI types but the problem with MBTI forums is that many of the people in the forum are not the type the forum was set up for

Also lots of people seem to mistype and then change their type after time. This makes it more difficult to get a handle on different types and what makes them tick
    Unless you just have a forum intended to be an MBTI drive-thru where people join, tell everyone about how isolated and unique they are, then take their free typing and go, it's not very sustainable in the long term to have a forum solely focused on MBTI discussion. People cared at one point and time but I imagine that has mostly faded, with what's left being a community of like-minded individuals who enjoy deeper discussion/debate, that which they may not have available in other online/offline spaces.

It's like the old applejacks commercials -- we know it doesn't taste like apple, but our parents are poor drug addicts, thus we're just a bunch of malnourished latchkey kids being raised by television and trying to make due with what little we've got.

Obviated
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Unless you just have a forum intended to be an MBTI drive-thru where people join, tell everyone about how isolated and unique they are, then take their free typing and go, it's not very sustainable in the long term to have a forum solely focused on MBTI discussion. People cared at one point and time but I imagine that has mostly faded, with what's left being a community of like-minded individuals who enjoy deeper discussion/debate, that which they may not have available in other online/offline spaces.

It's like the old applejacks commercials -- we know it doesn't taste like apple, but our parents are poor drug addicts, thus we're just a bunch of malnourished latchkey kids being raised by television and trying to make due with what little we've got.
    i understand what you are saying but if we are to say that we, the current users of MBTI forums, no longer care about MBTI then we are really just saying that its solely for our generation, but youngsters are going to come through, curious about MBTI and they will still hunger for insights into their personality and others

At worst MBTI can be used to persecute people but at best it can be used to create a greater awareness and understanding of differences that exist between people that can potentially lead to greater understanding

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    i understand what you are saying but if we are to say that we, the current users of MBTI forums, no longer care about MBTI then we are really just saying that its solely for our generation, but youngsters are going to come through, curious about MBTI and they will still hunger for insights into their personality and others

At worst MBTI can be used to persecute people but at best it can be used to create a greater awareness and understanding of differences that exist between people that can potentially lead to greater understanding
    In theory you're absolutely correct but in actuality we've been waiting on the noobie influx to come by and put us old farts out to pasture for the last 7 years.

Obviated
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    In theory you're absolutely correct but in actuality we've been waiting on the noobie influx to come by and put us old farts out to pasture for the last 7 years.
    do you think that there might be anything putting them off or do you think they are having their attention pulled elsewhere?