Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Jackie Chan a piece of shit?

That's good he supports communism because that makes him part of the liberal cool persons club therefore ostensibly not a piece of shit, like Alec Baldwin or Samuel L Jackson.
    abstractionist

Type
    INTP
    First time I'm hearing of it.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTJ
    I don't get into identity politics, other than when it's getting rammed down my throat. As far as I can tell, the guy's politics have been pretty private. If he wants to support the mainland, as a Hong Kong native, that's his business. I understand that the majority want freedom, but it would be interesting to see a vote. It's a shame they couldn't become a country after the British hundred year lease on the land ran out in `92?
    Oh rented trading post, we miss you!
    Sabor original

Type
    INTP
    He's either a coward, or a pos. Take your pick.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Another wu mao rears its ugly head
    What do you know about wu mao? Don't even lecture me Pantu.

Type
    INTP
    I like the guy from his movies. I don't care if he supports China. I kind of prefer that people would calm down... and not be so harsh with him for expressing his view, but I get it.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Type
    INTP
    Unless you take the stance that patriotism makes someone a piece of shit, I don't see how his showing patriotism is reason to call him a piece of shit.

But I've heard unpleasant rumors regarding him since the early 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    All these martial arts types are lawful neutral.
    Lawful is required to take levels of Monk.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Isn't the problem is he is not showing his patriotism? He was born in Hong Kong, but seems to be very pro China.

In any event, he seems to just dislike protests (and protesters). He doesn't seem to be too concerned about any issues behind the protests.

Type
    InTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    All these martial arts types are lawful neutral.
    ooo I can see this but there is def pressure on chinese celebrities to support the government. They are probably at huge risk of being dissappeared or face huge fines if the are openly against the government.

I know fan bingbing was disappeared for months at the height of her fame, although for tax evasion instead of political activism.

How could someone like Fan, who, in recent years, had started popping up in Hollywood blockbusters like X-Men: Days of Future Past and Iron Man 3, be allowed to disappear into China’s shadowy extralegal detention system? Fan was probably the best-known Chinese starlet in Asia — and beyond — and her profile was set to expand as the relationship between Beijing and Hollywood grew closer.
    https://gen.medium.com/my-9-months-o...r-df6b7a8463b3

I don't think Jackie Chan is a piece of shit for publicly supporting the Chinese Communist Party.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"